cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date filter, no data result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made a WEBi report with several filters: customer, product; and have a result. When I change these filters for date filter, get no result; and I sure there should be result. Any sugestions? Has anyone experience this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "When I change these filters for date filter"?

Are you adding Data as a filter or what?

When you use date you use values from the list or prompt or constant option?

If constant then make sure you use right format.

If it is prompt or values from the list then do you have data for those dates which you are selecting?

Bashir Awan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I make a combination of two filters, date and customer, there's a result. If I just leave one filter, date, there's no result. Any suggestions?

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would say create filers at Universe level and see if data comes.

First Create one filter and if data comes then try to join the filters.

sometime it happens that syntax is correct but it is not the right filter. That is why I would say create on filter at a time. Creating filters at universe level will improve performance.

Bashir Awan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're doing it this way. And when we put, as a second (or first) filter the date, no data is display. No error apears, but no data is display. On Data source I can see:

Universe: Ventas NEW

Last execution time: 149 s

Nb of rows: 10278

The idea is to see all the customers in an specific date. If on customer filter I select a range (some customers) data is display correctly. But if I put all customers, no data is display. If I leave all customers and remove date filter, data is display.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you by any chance using an "or" instead of an "and" to connect the filters? This is one possible scenario for this. Also, place the same date object in the filter on the report (if it is not already) in a scenario when it does return data and see if it appears as expected, both in format and the actual value.

Finally if those don't work, copy the SQL when the report returns no data into a query window in your database query tool and see if you get results. If not, see if you can figure out why.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems it's a volume problem with WEBi. We will proceed to install all Fix Packages and see if this solves the problem; otherwise we will use Crystal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How are you filtering on date? Is it a date range? Or [Dateobject] = value? Are you selecting from a list or typing the date in? Maybe the format is not matching. Place that date object on the report by itself and see what values you get as a test.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm generating the filter from the java report panel, taking the dimension object and creating the filter. The values I take them from the list. It is not a filter defined from the universe; do you recomend to create the filter from the universe?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm generating the filter from the java report panel, taking the dimension object and creating the filter. The values I take them from the list. It is not a filter defined from the universe; do you recomend to create the filter from the universe?

Edited by: Jorge Berazaluce on Apr 16, 2010 6:17 PM

Edited by: Jorge Berazaluce on Apr 16, 2010 6:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I make a combination of two filters, date and customer, there's a result. If I just leave one filter, date, there's no result. Any suggestions?