Did you mean: 

Java Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I run a iChart in a webpage, I get the following error -

Unable to run the query

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: Server name cannot be blank; enter a server name

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.server.QueryEngine.getServerName(QueryEngine.java:67)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.services.handlers.IlluminatorService.processRequest(IlluminatorService.java:50)

When I run the display template by itself, it works fine.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Chanti.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The "Server name cannot be blank" error comes from a missing or incorrectly spelled query template (check the case too). Have you looked in the java console for additional errors?

The applet will try to run the query, but if the template is not found it will not have a Server parameter and you'll get that error.

If you have a web page you can add the following line to see the post data request:

<PARAM NAME="Trace" VALUE="true">

If testing the page and getting the DynamicPageServlet URL in the browser just go to the end of the URL and append &Trace=true

In both cases the Trace property will add additional information to the java console.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I include the query template, the outcome is a grid sort of thing and not the bar chart I expected, which is the case when I run the display template by itself.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chanti,

Test your display template in the workbench. When the page appears with the chart, View Source from your browser. Copy and paste the source into a webpage and see if you get the same result.

Regards,

Mike

Answers (0)