cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade.exe crashes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Downloaded sAP2007A Sp01, Patch Level 10 and hotfix. Upgrader crashes when running upgrade. Crashes right when the upgrade starts. This is a new patch, is there an alternate way to get the patch downloaded? have tried this on two different machines, always the same result. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Are you getting an error message of some sorts? Perhaps on the screen or in the event viewer?

There are problems going to some of the later patches (from SP01 PL09 and onwards) where you get an error trying to access Parser.dll.

If this is the error you get then look at this post with a solution to the issue:

Regards,

Adrian

Hi Peter, do not worry about that last sentence from Neetu, it was copied from the post I made on the issue above and i was saying that you didn't need to apply the fix above to go to PL09, but i couldn't go to any of the 9 hotfixes, or 10 or 10 hotfix until it was applied. If you are suffering from the same error, then once you have applied the fix you should be able to go to PL 10 HF 1.

Edited by: Adrian Johnson on Apr 13, 2010 3:52 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS09-035.mspx

Scroll down the page and to section "Affected Software and Non-Affected Software"

Click on the following link:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB973544).

Scroll down to section "Files in This Download".

Download one of the following platform-specific files:

For a 64-Bit SAP Business One system on 64-bit architecture, download vcredist_x64.exe.

For a 32-Bit SAP Business One system on 64-bit architecture, download vcredist_x86.exe.

For a 32-Bit SAP Business One system on 32-bit architecture, download vcredist_x86.exe.

Execute the downloaded binary file by double-clicking on it and follow the instructions.

This resolved the issue, I could go from 8 to 9, but not to any of the hotfixes for 9.