Did you mean: 

Classified stocks (versions) in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I would like to create classified stock batches in APO in the following way:

1) Material and class (type 023) is created in ERP

2) Material and class replication via CIF

3) Stock posting directly in APO with classification data and batch (version creation)

Can anybody advise how to make this work? I am not able to get the class transferred via CIF to APO (it does not appear in APO product master after CIF). As the class is incorrect the stock posting (via available bapi) does not work,

Greatful for good feedback!

Fredrik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fredrick,

Please follow the below link under integration

of batches which contains the prequisites and

settings required to configure your scenario

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/48/646f4be7fb4f93e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can tell you what to do for the [Characteristics-Dependent Planning (CDP) |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/b1/947337e68ae526e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm].

1. Set the the Configuration Relevance to CDP

SAP SCM IMG Menu Advanced Planning and Optimization ->Basis Settings ->Define Configuration Relevance (CDP or Variant Configuration)

Transaction Code SPRO

2. Create the Organizational Area

Neither the classification customizing nor characteristic/class groups are transferred via CIF. This means that the customizing must be appropriate for the relevant class types in SAP APO and all SAP ERP systems concerned. The organizational areas are part of the customizing; therefore, they are not transferred by CIF and must be created separately in SAP APO for the relevant class type. If the organization area does not exist, the class and characteristic assignment is not made.

Procedure

1. Access the activity using one of the following navigation options:

SAP SCM IMG Menu Cross-Application Components -> Classification System ->Classes ->Maintain Object Types and Class Types

Transaction Code SPRO

2. On the Change View u201CObject Tableu201D: Overview screen, select the following entry from the table on the right:

Table entry Description User action and values Note

MARA Material Choose the button at the beginning of the table row to select the table row

3. Double-click the Organizational Areas node in the Dialog Structure.

4. Choose New entries to add the following entry to the table.

Field name Description User action and values Note

Class type 400

Org. area ind. Indicator A ( This has to be the same org. area you use in ERP for CIFing the characteristics.

Org. area Description e.g. APO

5. Choose Save.

6. Choose Back.

3 Create Integration Models in SAP ERP for class, stock and batches

4. Activate the Integration Models in SAP ERP

Hope this helps

BR Frank

Edited by: Frank Horlacher on Jul 21, 2011 4:30 PM

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

The class will appear as class 230 in APO and not as 023.

I am not sure whether CDP needs to be activated to transfer classified stocks to APO. (this setting is a client level setting)

Did you first transfer class & then product to APO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The class and characteristic exist in both systems, class types 023 and 230 (APO). Class and classification are in the same integration model. I have allocated the class to the material in ERP and activate the integration model. I can see that the product is updated in APO, however there is not class allocated. Also when looking into the alternative class type available in APO product master, only 232 is available, not 230. Configuration relevance in my system is set to VC (Variant Configuration), not CDP. Is this the reason why class type 230 does not appear?

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same issue. The batch class is not assigned to material. Somehow it is assigned in development but it is not assigning in Quality and production. Did you get an answer for your question. If you have some answer please share with me to resolve my issues

Thanks

Shan

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

The class will appear as class 230 in APO and not as 023.

I am not sure whether CDP needs to be activated to transfer classified stocks to APO. (this setting is a client level setting)