cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecaste Consumption.

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a question regaridng consumption of forecaste. I have a Material which is Buy to sell(HAWA). I maintain Demand for that Matertial in MD61. A sales order comes in for a requested delivery date of 12/31/2010. but I just PGId the sales order today. which months forecaste will it consume. The forecaste of this month or the forecaste of 12/31/2010.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

There are two business scinario work in this case either MTS or MTO.I am not sure which strategy you are following .But As long as Forecast Qty are there to full the demand and you have Sales Order Delivery date in Future , this qty will be nulified during ATP check at Sales Order and system will confirmed you in stock availability before the delivery date .Now , it also depends on in following ways :

1. OMJJ-Update Control -Consuption Posting -R should be in place

2.OVAG -Requirement Class -Requirement Trasnfer shouldbe marked

3.This Requirement class (MTO/MTS) should be assinged in Define Strategy -Consumption -Consumption planning material in SPRO

4.For MTO process , Consumption Mode at plant level set up in SPRO and same in Material Master

Hope this will give an idea on your requirement

Regards

JH

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Why do we maintain planning strategy for a material which is not produced. I just maintained MRP 1 and 2 views. Please clarify. this is a HAWA material.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207609
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The consumption method depends on the strategy.

If you use the make-to-stock strategy, the system always reduce the oldest PIR regardless of the posting date or delivery date, the consumption period is not taken into account. You can change this behavior by the small modification of the note 71804, this will reduce the PIR which is closest to current date if you use backward consumption and take the comsuption mode/period into account, please read the note for more info, but this still has nothing to do with the posting date or delivery date.

If you use the make-to-order strategy, the consumption mode/period can be considered, and the date will be checked for reduction in the period is determined as below.

If neither the field 'AllIn' is set nor 'Red' in customization OVZG for corresponding requirement class but in the movement type the field 'Reduction indicator' is set in OMJJ, the forecast is reduced with the MM-IM posting date: MKPF-BUDAT.

In other cases the forecast is reduced with material available date of the the delivery item.