cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM7 Mobile Dev Install with SQL SP3 and Visual Studio 2k5 SP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears that when this note was released, it all of the sudden included support for SQL Server SP3. Why is there no mention of this for people trying to find information about SQL SP3 support???

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1441878

And why is there no support for Visual Studio 2005 SP1? I can edit the registry and get the install to work, and silent installs skip the pre-requisite check anyway, but really, at least have an option to install even if the pre-req's aren't found. Or is there another update i can't find becuase it isn't acutally mentioned what the update addresses? It's not like SP1 hasn't been out for almost 3 years now!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sounds good. thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually i would like to know if formal VS 2k5 SP1 support is planned for anytime considering it is a three year old update?

former_member192750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, we plan to directly jump to support VS2008 by the end of this year.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the information.

ganga_h
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

1441878 is updated with SQL 2005 SP03 and Internet Explorer 8 support.

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Ganga

former_member192750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

Thanks for pointing out about the SQL2005 SP3 support not being mentioned explicitly anywhere - we'll update the note with this information. The support was added since Windows 7 supports only SP3 (and above).

There is not support for Visual Studio 2005 SP1 - via any note.

You can surely get around many pre-requisite checks via registry changes and other workarounds, but it is not recommended simply because we need to validate all platform applications which Mobile Laptop interacts with before we can officially support them.

Best Regards,

Ankan