cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User home folders Upper and Lower case problem in FPN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sdn,

I am facing a wiered problem in FPN. I configured FPN between EP and BI portal.

EP is using UME as LDAP

BI portal is using UME as ABAP

configured KM folders on to EP using Webdav scenario

now when I try to save KM book marks, it is saving perfectly in EP

the problem is saving bookmarks in the userfolder with Uppercase like USER

the KM favorites iView with the path (/alias/userhome/<user.id>/favorites)is trying to look into the userfolder with lowercase like user and displaying nothing

plese help me in solving this for KM iView to ignorie case

Thanks!

Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen a similar issue before. I think the root cause is that your ABAP users are in UPPERCASE but your UME users are not. Since the portal is JAVA based it is case sensitive so user JBLOGGS is different to user jbloggs.

Do you have the option to use the same UME for both EP and BI? Only other option I know of would be for you to create a custom iVIew that showed both favorites from lower and UPPER user id.

BRgds,

[Simon|http://www.plaut.com.au/solutions/user-productivity.html]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I understand that this problem is because of UME as LDAP and ABAP .

I tried to create a KM Navigational iView for favorites folder /alias/userhome/<user.id>/favorites.

but here problem is I am not able to convert user.id to Ucase

As per your suggestion, it is not possible to create one KM navigational iView to peep into multiple folders

for this the solution might be in two ways. creating KM iView to ignore case and look into the user home folder

if so, How to make the iView to ignore case

second option is to configure BEx broadcaster to publish in USER.lower folder

is so, How to achieve this

being people started using FPN most frequently and moving BI to seperate Portal and use ABAP as ume.

users will start encounter this problem most often. SAP has to come out with solution for this

Srinivas

Answers (0)