Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Web Dynpro ABAP: How to add menu to tree node type

Hi there,

I am displaying PDF document names in a Web Dynpro Tree and I would like to have a functionality that the user can start the PDF viewer or delete the document. So I need some kind of button or menu or something like that.

I tried it with the UI Element "menu" which can be used exactly for this kind of problem according to [SAP Documentation|http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_NW70/helpdata/EN/37/978b411fb4b05fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm], but it would not become visible in my WD application.

To open the PDF viewer it would also be very usable to doublecklick on the node. Is there a doubleclick event in WD? I would not want to us ON_ACTION event since one click should not open the viewer.....

I would be glad to try any other suggestions regarding this issue!

Thank you very much!

Christina

Former Member
replied

HI Christina,

Yes the contextMenuId should be the name of the menu.

I'm not sure (away from system at the moment) if it is case sensitive, but ensure that it exactly matches your top level menu name ( you then configure the menu options under this).

I had both the tree item type and the node it came from set as provide context menus.

There was no obvious marker on the node that a menu existed but right clicking on the text of the node caused the menus to show.

I was playing with a 7.01 system...

I also found I didn't have to use a context menu that was defined in the tree - I could just as easily use one defined in the context menu area (actually in might be worth trying to define one here and using it in your tree - perhaps there is some requirement that something must be defined there).

Hope you have luck.

Cheers,

Chris

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question