cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from "mass tp" to "songle tp" on STMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts:

To configure CHARM, on the controller's STMS we have to switch from "mass transport" to "single transport".

Could you tell what is the reason to do this?

And what kind of impact this switch will create?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The CHARMS system desinged in a such a way so that we can keep track on each request moving across the landscape.

ofcourse this is a pre-requisite for CHARMS too.

pls check this blog

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-management-scenario

Hope it helps.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

So if we have 10 tp requests that need to get into production in a sequence but in the same batch, can the "single transport"

handle?

Thanks!

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

CHARMS do not provide you a way by which you can manage the sequence order but they are imported in a sequence as per their release

so if we have TR1 and TR2

and TR1 is released say yesterday

but TR2 is release say today

than tomorrow if we import , TR1 will go first then TR2 will follow.

one more thing

for one service desk message you can create N no of change document but change document to correction document mappin gis 1:1.

similarly you can create several task based upon your requirement in a correction document and assign it to diff developer. by using the action "Create Task"

All is upto your requirement

Hope it clarifies.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

May I use your example to explain my concern?

If both TR! and TR2 are

1) normal change requests

2) belonging the same project (or maintenance cycle)

Then, CHARM will request both TR1 and TR2 to be totally released and imported before TR1 and TR2 can be imported

into PROD.

However, we often have a situation that only TR1 or TR2 can be released and imported into PROD.

How to deal with this delimma?

Thanks a lot!

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If both TR1 and TR2 are

1) normal change requests

2) belonging the same project (or maintenance cycle)

Then, CHARM will request both TR1 and TR2 to be totally released and imported before TR1 and TR2 can be imported

into PROD.

Yes you are corect they must be in sync and they get imported to PRD or Quality exactly as per their order of release.

However, we often have a situation that only TR1 or TR2 can be released and imported into PROD.

In this case you need to use the Urg corr option or if they are to be in PRD together to make sense better to combine in a single correction document and thn move them.

Hope it solves.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prankhar:

So in case TR1 and TR2 have to have different times to get into QA and PRD, (i.e. not as previously planned to

get into the PROD the same time), I just need to create an u rgent CR for , e.g. TR1 (suppose TR1 needs to go immediately),

and cancel TR1 from the normal CR.

Am I right?

Thanks!