cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when starting MaxDB instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the following Error message when starting the MaxDB instance after a series of failed attempts at starting the DB Manager Backup for our PI 7.1 server.

"-24994,ERR_RTE: Runtime environment error

1,Cannot create ipc db directories for SID (OS error code 11000)"

Max DB version : 7.7.02

Does anyone have any specific pointers on where the issue could be.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Murali Narayanan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

Please post more information to get clear on the reported problem on the database server:

-> Do you have disk space problems on the database server?

-> What is the OS version of the database server?

-> Post the output of the following commands:

xinstinfo <DB-name>

sdbregview u2013l

dbmcli db_enum

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for your reply.Please find below the answers to your questions.

1) There is no disk space issue as far as i know

2) The DB is running on SUSE Linux 10 version

3) I shall execute the commands you had mentioned and reply back.

Please note that two other DB instances are also running on the same host.

The SAP and DB instances were up and running.I had shut down the SAP instances for carrying out the DB backup operation using DB manager.But, using DB manager I was not able to start the Backup successfully because of one error message or the other regarding the File or device used.

So,I had brought the DB offline using DB manager so that i can bring it online and try the DB Backup again.This is when i was not able to start the DB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue got resolved.It was a space issue. The /sapdb directory was full.Hence, the issue.Once, the size of /sapdb was enhanced, the DB instance started peacefully.

Regards,

Murali Narayanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I'm a complete newbye searching the forums in order to decrypt what is inconsistent to me (I'm acting as a substitute for a real dba): a sapdb refusing any more connection due to an 'user space exhausted' issue.

I do not even know if/where some admin tool is/isn't installed - eventually, what to look for - onto the running demianapachetomcat framework. Actually, all I have been provided was: 1. call 'Henplus' (done); 2. connect this way (jdbc:sapdb://localhost/database&options) and 3. select, upgrade, delete what needed. Problem arises on point (2): connection resufed 'user space exhausted'.

My question is: this issue seems so similar to mine, how can one eventually check/modify this '/sapdb directory space'?

Thanks in advance for any (much appreciated) hint, and be patient about my English and newbyeness (?).

MaxM