Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using of outbound process code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all ,

My querry is as follows ,

as we know we send the material master data by using bd10 stand alone program .and we will get the materail master data by using inbound program bd11 , in inbound program we are using inbound processcode DEBM , and we are attatching this process code to inbound function moudle .

but my question is when we will make use of outbound process code . in outbound program we read the data from databse and to populate into data segments of idoc . then

when we use outbound process code can u expalin with one scnerao?

7 REPLIES 7

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your outbound program(FM) is linked to outbound process code which inturn linked to your message type.

Thanks,

Vinod.

0 Kudos

hi vinod thanks for ur anser . but we are wrinting the in abap program in se38 .and can u let me know can we write the outbound program in funcion module also ?

0 Kudos

You can Create the Outbound IDOC using the function module "MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE". You can call this function module inside your abap program (SE38) and schedule it if you want to trigger idoc periodically.

If you want to create the IDOC real time, say at the time of creation of delivery, you have to do following steps

1) Create the Output type (T-code NACE)

1.a) Set dispatch time = 4 (Send immediately - while saving transaction)

1.b) Transmission medium = A (Distribution ALE)

1.c) Processing Routine - Processing 1 -> Program = RSNASTED , form_routine = ALE_PROCESSING

2) Do the partner profile settings in WE20

2.a) Specify Outbound Message type, basic type & Port

2.b) Specify output tyep defined in step1, and process code (Process code should be assiged to a function module which will trigger outbound IDOC (Eg. ME10 - For purchase Order, You can create your own Process code and function module if there is a custom requirement.

Regards

Vinod

asik_shameem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

Well. It's a good question. I don' t think, we use process codes for outbound master data (like material, customer,..) and we only use process codes for outbound transactional data (like Sales Order,Delivery note, Purchase Order,...) . And in case of inbound, both master and transactional data use process codes which is assigned in partner profiles WE20.

For example, DEBM is the process code for customer master which is used in inbound not outbound. As you said, there is always a standalone program for master data outbound.

And regarding BD11, it is used in the receiver system to read the IDOCs from the sender system and creates material in receiver system.

-

You can take the scenario of sending the delivery document to the partner system using process code DELV. Process code DELV is assigned in partner profiles -> messages. When ever the delivery document created, it posts an idoc to the partner system through output types and messages without any standalone program.

Program RSNAST00 is used to post all the output messages as idocs for all transactional data.

Edited by: Asik Shameem on Apr 12, 2010 9:32 PM

0 Kudos

Hi asik saleem ,

thanks for ur anser . and can u explain how to send the deliviery document (ie transactional data) by using idoc . i mean how can we send trasctional data to the partner system . can u explain with steps .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Generally the outbound process code will use for Transactional data only.

It will be in Message Control Tab (WE20-Partner profile).

For Outbound master data we go for Message type.

Sri

former_member183990
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check in we57

you will get to know how it is linked

cheers

S.Janagar