cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to define Rule completely in ACTIVITY, asking for TASK definitation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing the below problem, request your help.

I have an workflow , I have to created new activity and added rule under that, When i check for syntax errors, its says that TASK not defined, When Add TASK for the same activity where rule exists, Once the TASK is added, the rule is getting Deletd.

Kindly suggest. How to add Rule to Activity without errors without task, or is there any step to add rule alone.

Awaiting for your response.

With Regards,

Poornima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the possibilities to fix the errors can be

1. MAke sure that the task is defined fully, I mean you need to make the task as General Task under agent Ssignment category..

2. The possibility is that you might have created a task which is a background method. In order to check whther the task is bacjground or foreground, goto PFTC , select the task type as Standard task and open in display mode make sure that the BAckground processing is enabled or Checked...

3. Make sure that you define binding between workflow container and rule...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must review that Task Indicator Background Processing is not checked.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks, But There is no background check enabled for the task.

with regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to delete that activity and create a new one. First create a task and do the binding everything, then ffinaaly assign the rule to that task. If still it shows error then, remove the rule and check with agent as a workflow initiator.

Whats your business object and the method? Also use swu_obuf transaction to avoid buffer errors.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What BO method are you using? Is a standard method?

There are only 2 reasons for a agent doesn't appear on your activity:

1) If there is a (sub)workflow defined in the task

or

2) There is a background task.

Try deleting the activity, use SWU_OBUF tcode and creating a new activity.

Regards,