cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRAXDRT error occurred on server. -2147191156: Error in creating new data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

I am using Crystal 9 in the web based application. When run a report to the screen, then drill down from it to another Crystal report, I do get it to the screen successfully. However when try to navigate through the pages in the main report, I get the following error:

CRAXDRT error occurred on server. -2147191156: Error in creating new data source.

My database is Oracle, and I am using OLEDB connection in crystal reports.

Do you know why this happens and how the issue can be resolved?

Thank you,

Tanya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Does anyone know anything about multiple sessions of crystal on a web server?

Please help.

Thanks,

Tanya.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, April 12. You want to do this one step at a time. Yes there are people here that know about multiple sessions of crystal on a web server, but do respond to the questions / suggestions I made on teh 12th.

Ludek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

More info will be good to have;

1) Any updates applied to your install of CR?

2) Is this on your dev box or after you deploy the app? If deployed, how was the CR runtime installed?

3) What is the OS?

4) Try a simple report - one table, one field - does that work?

5) What code are you using? (Note that logonserver property had been retired in CR 9...)

6) Are you changing datasources or are yo going to the same ds the report was created off of?

7) Trying different OLE DB provider is an idea, but using MS drivers for Oracle gives me shivers - a personal thing...

😎 Trying ODBC with a new report might also be worth trying

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is something about multiple sessions, when 2 crystal windows are opened at the same time, the one that was opened first becomes inactive and you can't navigate to a next or previous page.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you drill down from one crystal report to another is there any way to open the second report in a tab versus to a new window? I am sure that this would resolve the issue. any suggestion?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if you have tried my sugestions from April 8? If so, what were the results? Re. open the second report in a tab versus to a new window. Not that I know. Why do you think that would help?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

...your sugestions from April 8 ?? where did you post it?

Thanks,

Tatyana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you could try a different oracle driver, I sometime use the Microsoft ODBC driver for some of my oracle boxes, and on others I have to use my Oracle in OraHome921 drivers. I have found some work connections work better than others.

0 Kudos

Moved to Legacy SDK forum