cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start with dates from the past in the planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to maintain some figures from the last 14 days in the past.

And I want the planning book to show these 14 days, when I open the planning book.

(I do not want to scroll back).

In my Data view i have to define a Time Bucket profile for the future. (system demand)

This profile I has defined with one day.

The Time Bucket profile for the past are 21 days.

When I start the planning book with the view, I see only one column with todays date.

I want to see the past 14 days, and therefore I have to scroll back.

Is it possible to start with the last 14 days?

- By setting the Period information in the Data view tab?

- By other settings?

- By macro?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 things you can check

In txn, /sapapo/sdp8b in the dataview tab inside Planning book Edit.

1) Visible field, you can set the date there, but I dont remember if that will prevent scrolling back.

2) There is a field called offset. Select that and in the filed next to it give -x where x is the number of periods, i suppose it will be -14 in your case.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I have allready sat the field "Visible from" to the date 14 days ago.

The field "Offset" can not have negative values.

Kind regards,

Per

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Sorry got a little confused since I dint have access yesterday. Here is the solution.

In the same screen, there is a field called Planning Date - Please enter whichever date you want to it to be visible from.

This should solve your problem and you will not require to scroll back.

Thanks

Mani

Edited by: Mani Suresh on Apr 13, 2010 11:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

I do not know the filed "Planning Date". Do you mean "Planning Start" in the box "Period information" in the tab "Data View"?

In the Help to the field "Planning Start" it is written "Note that rolling planning is not possible in this instance.". Therefore I thought that this is a "fixed" date, that do not follow the calendar, when times goes by.

Am I right about that, or do you have another opinion?

Kind regards,

Per

Former Member
0 Kudos

Per,

You are right. That dates seemed to be fixed and does not support rolling unless we find an other way to move to roll them using BAPI or maybe Macros.

However I guess there is no standard functionality to make a past period as the first period in view.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody who has done this with macroes?

Edited by: Per Hunosøe on Apr 26, 2010 5:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Per,

You need to go for a developing an ABAP report. The development calls for updating the planning start date in the data view design mode.

You can use function modules /SAPAPO/MSDP_PB_READ_DVIEW and /SAPAPO/MSDP_PB_SAVE_DVIEW_TAB.

So the logic could be as follows:

1. First develop a FM which will determine the planning start date as per your requirements. This has to be with respect to the system date. So this Function module should in effect subtract 14 days from system date and store in a date field.

2. Using the FM /SAPAPO/MSDP_PB_READ_DVIEW, this date can be updated in the data view / PLanning start date field.

3. Using FM /SAPAPO/MSDP_PB_SAVE_DVIEW_TAB, you can save and generate the data view.

After developing the program you need to schedule this in background so that the planning start date is calculated and stored automatically.

You need to take care of one thing though. In case there are any macros developed in the data view/macro book, the start dates for macro execution will be changed as well. You need to tweak those as per your requirements.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Answers (0)