cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM validation error during checkin

0 Kudos

We have just applied support packs to the following level: SRM-MDM 2.0 SP04 Patch14 and MDM 5.5 SP06 5.5.65.80. I am testing these in the development environment. I imported records into Data Manager. They are in a checked out mode and am trying to check them in. I have several validations set up. When I validate the record separately against each validation, it passes. When I try to check in, I get the message "One or more records failed a validation." I have cleared all validations and added each one back in separately. I am able to checkin a record until I added this validation: IS_NOT_NULL(Short Description).

We want to make sure the short description field is populated.

This validation currently exists and works in our production environment. I rebuilt it by selecting the function and field from the dropdown lists. Any suggestions/help is appreciated.

Regards,

Susan Bennett

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not clear with your Problem. Is it like record has Short description maintained and when you are trying to Checkin it is throwing error "Validation failed" because of IS_NOT_NULL(Description)????

If the above is correct, then check whether short description is maintained for product or not. if this is not maintained then definitely it will throw error.

Regards,

Shiv

0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Yes we maintain the short description field. When I execute the validation separately on the item I get the message, "There were no validation errors." It's when I try to then checkin I get the message that a validation error exists.

Susan

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is very surprising.. When you are trying to checkin, is name of validation displayed with the error message?? if not, then there could be possibility that error message is coming because of some other validation failure.

If this is not the case, then it could be a product bug. Lets wait for experts to provide some information on this.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are trying to check in all records at one time, it means any of the record has a validation failure. Try to check in a few records one by one, if you still get validation failure message then put all validation in a group and execute on all checked out records. You will get exact validation which is getting failed.

BR,

Alok Sharma

0 Kudos

I have 9 different validations set up. When I group them and execute validation as a group against 1 or multiple records, they all pass. Then I try to checkin and I get the message that one or more records has a validation error. As soon as I delete the one validation, IS_NOT_NULL(Short Description), I am able to checkin all records. I'm starting to think this is a bug and will open an OSS message.

Thank you all for your responses.

Susan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

As per my understanding before creating OSS note, please try for this..

Say you have two records, 1st record has value for Short Description field and 2nd record has not value for this Short Description field. Now without deleting that validation IS_NOT_NULL(Short Description) check are you able to do check-in for this 1st record individually or not, i believe that you should be able to do Check-In this 1st record. Now when try to check in for 2nd record this error should come and prompt for Short Description value, once you put there value after that i think you would be able to CheckIn this 2nd record. Please verify this.. if this is true may be some of your records do not have value for short description and that's why you are not able to check-In all records together.

Also i would suggest, Go to Console, open repository/connect to repository > Right Click on repository> Verify Repository->Check, if it has some fatal or not fatal errors, If it has some errors then Unload your repository > Right Click on your Repository>Verify Repository->Repair, After that just load repository with Update Indices...

Just give it try using both approach. Hope this helps...

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thank you for your suggestions. I did everything you said, including repairing and reloading the repository updating the indices. I still cannot check in even 1 record that passes all validations including the IS_NOT_NULL(Short Description).

Susan

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should definitely go ahead to check with SAP now, as we have already tried all possibilities.

We will be happy to know solution from SAP on this.. kindly keep us posted.

Regards,

Shiv

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

SAP came back with note 1471038.

For an item we have three languages defined. At this time, we only truly populate English and have the Repository Detail in Console set where the Primary Inheritance for the other two languages is English.

In the Data Manager Language Detail tab for a record, the English short description shows up in black font, but the Spanish and German short descriptions are green. We determined that this means there really isnu2019t something populated in the field for those languages.

I had to change my validation expression to IF (LANGUAGE=English [US] IS_NOT_NULL (Short_Description)). And it now works correctly.

Regards,

Susan