cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilanguage characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been using Adobe Interactive forms both from SFP and NWDS(Web Dynpro). Now I have a requirement where I have made a form, which has English and Korean characters in the same form. When I deploy the form, both from transaction SFP and from Web Dynpro Application the English characters come out correctly but the korean characters are interpreted as "?". Any guess on what am I possibly missing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

have you installed the Korean characters for Adobe Reader? This i sthe most likely reason you are having a problem as Korean is supported from NW04 in the Adobe.based forms solution.

Best regards,

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I tried your suggestion of using the font that you had mentioned but still the same result, it still interprets the characters as "?". I don't know if it has something to do with the ADS configuration.Thanks for your reply and I would appreciate if you have any other suggestions for this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but I have no other idea. I tried it out on my system, but I do not even know how to enter Korean characters.

I suggest you open a support message with SAP.

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've dealt with sending PDF from an SRM system once before, and I know it was more than just using a font file on the PC - although that is also needed.

I had to adjust the SAP Spool settings to get it to use the correct font on the OTF document sent out to PDF. It's a while ago, but there are some specific requirements in the spool area that mean you have to print under the appropriate language code - I seem to remember the technical code was "3" for Korean, and that the language code needs to be linked to the font defined in the spool area.

If you use the hex display in the spool list you should be able to see what fonts are being used to confirm if you have got it right or not. Also on the PDF if you look at the file properties there's an option to see what font it is using - if it hasn't passed out the correct font, then you will just see boxes or question marks.

Hope this helps... or at least gives you something else to check out. I spent a few happy(sic) hours of debugging last time to figure out what was going wrong.

Regards,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jocelyn:

I am facing the same problem.I would appreciate if you can tell me the steps that I need to follow to solve this problem.Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same probem.

I use adobe form in WebDynpo Abap Application. I have cyrillic fonts Bulgarian wich cannot display in my form.

In the sevice told me that i had to install this fonts in the ADS.

Could you help me were i could find these fonts ?

How do you solved your problem?

Do i have to do something else?

Please i will appreciate any help.

Regards,

Ari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for ur reply. I just wanted to clarify whether the Korean characters are to be installed on the ADS and what is the best source to get the Korean characters for Adobe Reader. Does it matter if the SAP system in which I am designing the form using SFP trx is not unicode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

could you let me know exactly what Font you have used for the Korean characters (name of the font) and did you use any additional style like "bold"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

I did some further research. You should use the Korean Font "AdobeMyungjoStd-Medium" which is bundled with the Designer, ADS and Reader.

Cheers,

Matthias