cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fire event works ok in NWDS simulator but throws exception in the PDA MI7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I developed an app, it works OK in NWDS´ simulator but the fireevent explotes when it´s run in the PDA.

Any idea?.

Thanks a lot for your time in this post.

Rocío.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was working with SP9 wich seems to have a lot of bugs.....with SP8 the client simulator works much better than SP9, so I think that probably it´s a bug of plugin SP9.

Needed anymore.

christoph_kurtz2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rocio!<br>

<br>

I think it would be helpful if you could post the exception here. This behaviour could be caused by a lot of things.<br>

<br>

Best regards,<br>

<br>

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph!:

I don´t know why PIOS exception is throw. I comment some lines in my code and what generates this error is the wdfire*event in the main controller.....( event handler was declared but without custom code).

Thanks a lot for your time.

Rocío.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any relevant output in the jscpout.txt file?

In my experience of having something work in the NWDS simulator and not work in the PDA, it was usually due to Java incompatibility with the Java CreMe version on PDA and what is on my workstation.

So in some cases if my workstation had Java 1,6 - I needed to configure my NWDS project environment to JDK 1.3.

This was true when I had trouble with custom controls being enhanced and crashing on PDA but not NWDS simulator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rocío,

Does your application contain printing/scanning functionality?

Please send the contents of Jscpout.txt file.

Regards,

Dhanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanya:

No, it doesn´t that´s why I don´t have a clue about it

thanks for your time.

Rocio.