cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calcultated atrr MI 7.1 donu00B4t generate implementation.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I defined a calculated attr in NWDS, I´m working with MI 7.1. I can see the getter method at "Method tab" and in the attr´s properties but the NWDS seems not to be generating the implementation code....The project compiles OK.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Rocío.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to write the method manually. If you select your calculated attr, in Properties, you can see the name of the method (like getNodeNameAttrName). But if you select the method and go to the Java editor the method don´t exists. You have to create manually the method and write your own code.

Regards,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I tried to solve like you mention, but doesn't work.

I put the method implementation in the "other" section. The attribute name is Prueba and the name of generated method is getPrueba. To make the signature of this method, I took like example the generated code in webdynpro 7.0, so the code would look like this:

public String getPrueba(IWDNodeElement element)
{
     return "Bienvenido";
}

I bind the attribute with a TextView element to see if the code works, but nothin happen. Maybe the signature of the method it's wrong? The only place to put own code it's at "others" section, in another place it's eliminated by the compiler.

Best regards,

Simon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems to be a bug in NWDS plugin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Rocio for your reply,

I'm downloading the NWDS Plugins SP10, and try if these bugs are solved in this support package. If not, I'll try with a downgrade to SP08.

Anyway I'll going posting the results.

Best regards,

Simon.

PD: My environment it's SP9, but we are thinking do an upgrade to SP10.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SP9 the table lead selection and the table´s "auto vertical scroll" has a BIG BUG.

Keep in touch Simon.

Rocio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rocio,

Finally I tested the SP10 and is worst than SP09. The implementation of calculated attributes still not work, and amazingly the handheld simulator neither work!!!! (throws an ClassNotFoundException when will run any deployed application)

I will post an OSS message to solve this problems. In my case unfortunatly the downgrade is not a solution because the SP09 and SP10 improves the UI elements, for instance the design of text views elements (values such bold or header are rendered on handheld).

Any news, I will post here.

Regards,

Simon.

christoph_kurtz2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rocio!<br>

<br>

Perhaps, the following helps:<br>

Clean the project via "Project -> Clean" and then rebuild the project.I think the method would be available then and you can add your own code.<br>

<br>

Best regards,<br>

<br>

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph!:

I don´t have the option you told me, instead I have the repair option. I tested the repair option before posting but the implementation isn´t generated.

thanks for posting!.

Rocio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph!:

I don´t have the option you told me, instead I have the repair option. I tested the repair option before posting but the implementation isn´t generated.

thanks for posting!.

Rocio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rocio,

I have the same problem, I create the calculated attribute in my component controller. In controller editor panel, in the method tab appear the "getter" method, however in the java editor panel the implementation not appear.

Did you find any solution to this??

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Simon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try with client SP8, I was working with SP9 and the simulator has a LOT of bugs, SP 8 seems to be ok. My enviroment is SP9.

When you change de simulator you have to change the NWDS plugins....so probably this error is fixed in that plugin version.

Good luck!