cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folders/reports and who has access

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create a report/export of all folder and reports that are in the folders. And who has access to them. Is there a way? Do I need a SDK program if so does anyone have a program that does this?

BOE XI R2 SP5

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did not get your question clearly but here is the answer on the base of my understanding.

Are you trying to schedule a report or reports?

If you are trying to schedule multiple reports at the same time it is not possible. You will have to schedule one by one. (If I am wrong let me know)

Are you trying to give access to a folder or folders?

Are you trying to export folders... Such as from one environment to other?

Yes it is possible. You can use Life Cycle Manager to do this.

Bashir Awan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to have a report that shows me every report in each folder in CMC and who has access to it.

I can not use LCM due to the fact I am on XI R2 and that only exists in 3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to show a list of all reports in each folder and who can run those reports. I can not use LCM due to the fact I am in Xi R2

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can setup auditing database to view to create such reports which will show user activity and access etc.

If LCM is not an option let me think what other options ara available beside manual steps.

Bashir Awan

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know LCM is only available in 3.X and not available in XI R2 if you know different I would gladly listen

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LCm is not an option in XIR2 and I do not see how it will help for the task needed.

You either have to use Auditing to create reports showing who runs which reports or use SDK to create scripts reporting on which users/groups have rights to specific folders/reports...

In Business Objects downloads section on SMP, there should be a security viewer application, which will provide you with some of this information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I sort of had something created using Auditor. But I can only show users access if they ever logged into BO and accessed that folder once. Audit database needs them to access the folder at least once to have a log. Correct me if I am wrong. My internal audit team wants to know who has access even if they never logged in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Auditor only captures the information if they have ever logged onto Business Objects InfoView and accessed the report. In XI R2, Auditor does not capture client tool activity which means if the DeskI report is accessed through DeskI it doesn't capture that.

That other options would be

1) SDK

2) security viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried security viewer. It never seems to stop running then crashes on me.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make sure you're using latest version of the Security Viewer and proper JDK - v1.5.x is preffered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the latest version of security viewer. I am using 2.2