cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master not transfer from ECC to GTS by batch job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Several months ago, we upgraded the ECC 5.0 to ECC 6.0, but keep GTS 7.0 no change.

Before that, we setup a batch job to transfer the material master data from ECC to GTS, the program using in this job is "RBDMID0C", the message type is "/SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL",

but yesterday, we found that the batch job not work,

We create a new parts, then run this batch job, but the part can not be found in GTS, but we still can manually transfer it to GTS.

Please advice,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rguan88,

please always keep in mind what SAP say in their Configuration Guide, e.g. in Compliance Management of SAP GTS 8.0 at p.35:

"Creating Reduced Message Types

1. Click Create, and then click Create again to confirm the warning message: Message

/SAPSLL/<xxx>MAS_SLL is not in valid name range.

The system does not transfer master data changes to SAP GRC GTS

automatically. Therefore you have to select the master data fields for which the

system writes change pointers. You can only activate the change pointers

correctly if you make changes to the relevant segments in the maintenance

screen.

2. Save the message type.

3. To assign the necessary master data fields to the reduced message type, follow the

instructions under Configuring and Activating Reduced Message Types."

In the citation above, I've marked the important phrase. I deem this important because due to your upgrade of SAP ECC, you needed a new PlugIn for SAP GTS and thus need to re-do configuration on your SAP ECC side.

In another question, you've asked for the reference message to message type /SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL: This is just MATMAS. Please check your entry in V_TBDME using transaction SM31.

Best regards

Christian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to verify the following point

1. Mesasge type is activated for change pointers

2. Reduced message type is activated pointers

3. Change pointers are being created correctly ( check this in table BDCPV)

4. If there are a bunch of change pointers, try reorganizing the older ones and then attempt to retransfer. Ensure that you are not

attempting to process few hundred thousands at a time as the RBDMIDOC job will fail without processing anything.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Jasmit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar problem to this. A couple things to check:

RBDMID0C with message type "/SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL picks up change pointers with the appropriate message type out of the change pointer tables. When you make a change to a material in the feeder system you should be seeing change pointers with Message Type /SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL in table BDCPV on your feeder system. If you don't see those then there is most likely a problem with your configuration which is causing change pointers not to get created when materials are changed or created.

If you see those change pointers, but still transfers are not going to GTS when you run RBDMIDOC, there could be a problem with your RFC configurations. The GTS Customs Managment Configuration Guide is where I looked to determine how these configurations should be made.

Here's a tip on how to access the guide I'm referring to in case there are multiple references you are looking at:

"This page links you to comprehensive information about the installation and operation for each product version of SAP GTS. You can access the information for SAP GTS in the SAP software Corner at service.sap.com/swdc --> Download --> Installations and Upgrades --> Entry by Application Group --> SAP Solutions for Governance, Risk and Compliance --> SAP GRC Global Trade Services --> SAP GTS (Release) --> Installation and Upgrade. "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This problem is due to an error in the transfer table in the ERP, but its quite easy to solve. Go through the following steps:

using BD53 deactivate and reactive the change pointers

using BD60 check the entries SAP has made. you should have the following

/SAPSLL/BOMMAT_SLL /SAPSLL/BOMMAT_SLL /SAPSLL/BOMMAT_DISTRIBUTE_R3 MARA

/SAPSLL/CPMAS_SLL ADR3MAS /SAPSLL/CPMAS_DISTRIBUTE_R3

/SAPSLL/CREMAS_SLL CREMAS /SAPSLL/CREMAS_DISTRIBUTE_R3 LFA1

/SAPSLL/DEBMAS_SLL DEBMAS /SAPSLL/DEBMAS_DISTRIBUTE_R3 KNA1

/SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL MATMAS /SAPSLL/MATMAS_DISTRIBUTE_R3 MARA

Most likely the entries in the Function module are wrong and its calling for something with IDOC in it. that is wrong, replace the entry.

Now it should work. If you have other trouble come back to me and I'll give you step by step description on how to analyse the problem.

Cheers,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply, I follow the notes 1452024 - How to configure master data change pointers for Global Trade Service (GTS).doc

And found that the table TBD24 is only contain the fields for "/SAPSLL/PSDMAT_SLL", we can't see any fields for below 3 master data message:

1. SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL

2. /SAPSLL/CREMAS_SLL

3. /SAPSLL/DEBMAS_SLL

Then I go to BD53, When I enter F4, 2. /SAPSLL/CREMAS_SLL and 3. /SAPSLL/DEBMAS_SLL are in the list, but no 1. SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL,

Then I want to new one for 1. SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL, but it said "Message type /SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL exists already", but when I click display for 1. SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL, it give me another message "The IDOC type for this message must not be reduced".

Please advice,

Thanks for your help,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clay,

Thanks for your reply, please continue to advice for my feedback.

Appreciate and points awarded,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Message type should trigger an RFC not an IDOC.

Chack table BD60, most likely you have a wrong entry there.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Below is the BD60 OUTPUT, Please advice, do you think if the "reference message type" of /SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL is not correct? Should it be MATMAS?

1. Message Type /SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reference Message Type /SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL

Format Function Module /SAPSLL/MATMAS_DISTRIBUTE_R3

Classifiable Object MARA

ALE Object Type MATNR

2. Message Type /SAPSLL/CREMAS_SLL

Reference Message Type CREMAS

Format Function Module MASTERIDOC_CREATE_SMD_CREMAS

Classifiable Object LFA1

ALE Object Type LIFNR

3. Message Type /SAPSLL/DEBMAS_SLL

Reference Message Type DEBMAS

Format Function Module /SAPSLL/DEBMAS_DISTRIBUTE_R3

Classifiable Object KNA1

ALE Object Type KUNNR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Message 1 is correct

Message 2.

Format Function Module MASTERIDOC_CREATE_SMD_CREMAS should be

/SAPSLL/CREMAS_DISTRIBUTE_R3

The rest seems correct. Do that, purge the old data and it should work. Otherwise come back to me.

Regards