cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Entry of Defect Class during Valuation - how to prevent?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created several defect classes, each set to specific selected sets. So when I go to valuate my inspection results, I get this popup asking me to specify a defect class. I want it to keep the one I have preset and not ask the user. Anyone know how to prevent it from popping up?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For catlog type 9 it is possible to have automatic population of defect class but for Result recording it's not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the selected set is made up of Catalog Type 9 - with the intention of it being used upon valuation - after the catalog code being specified as the inspection result. So why does it AGAIN ask the user which defect class to use? So my question is, why allow me to specify it in the selected set in the first place?

If I am going to record results for 100 characteristics, and I know for sure what defect class I want for each result, why is it going to require that I again specify while recording the results. I feel that there should be a way to supress it, did you get my point?

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is for a simplest reason that SAP does not support selected set for catalog 9 & thereto not allow the defect class maintainace in the selected set.this is only possible with selected set of catalog type 1 & 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pardon me, I said "9" by mistake. I did infact create a Selected Set for type 1; which is what is used in results recording. No problem there.

But why does the Manual Entry popup? That is what I meant. If I intend to preset, why should it ask me again? This will become especially annoying to the end user. Did you get my point?

Former Member
0 Kudos

when char is rejected that is valuation is rejected & in customization against that code if you have enetred the defect class then system picks up the same automatically.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fro defects recroding you should define the catalog 9 in the MIC that you want to use. In there you can also define the exact code that you want to report in the case of an under spec value, over spec value or only general defect code if you want.

In transaction QS41 you should have your codes defined and for each code you should have defined a defect class.

There are no selected sets used with defect codes so you shouldn't even be using transaction QS51.

You only use selected sets for catalogs 1, & 3 which have nothing to do with defects or defect classes.

I can't pinpoint your actual problem but it sounds like some how you have defect codes created with no defect classes assigned. I can only see this happening if you created the codes and made the assignments and at a later date, delete the defect classes in configuration. But I would think that wouldn't be allowed. But you never know.

If that isn't the case, then I think your just not quite understanding how to set this process up.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, and it does pick it up automatically. However, it also has a popup box that appears after I hit the valuation key. Do you know of a way to suppress it?

Edited by: PMPSMM on Apr 13, 2010 8:34 AM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this the Accept/Reject pop-up box?

Or is it acutally say on the screen to select a "defect class".

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am vey sure that this problem is not related to customization.

In customization you only enter defect for the char rejection.This might be a reason for the same.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or does it acutally say on the screen to select a "defect class".

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

In customization you only enter defect for the char rejection.This might be a reason for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or does it acutally say on the screen to select a "defect class".

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Something went wrong on the server on this!!!!

i didn't post the message that many times!!!

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought you guys were yelling at me for a second there 😛

Former Member
0 Kudos

the popup says, "Manual Entry of Defect Class" at the top. It shows which characteristic that is in question, sample information then a dropdown box of different defect classes. It defaults to the one in customizing - so that is correct from the customizing side. For now, all I do is just click enter and proceed. But I don't want the end user to even have an option, or be hammered by numerous popups either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the popup shows the correct defect class, so that part is correct - pls see my response to FireFighter. The question now is how to restrict the popup?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you say it defaults to the one in customizing... exactly where are you defininig that? QS41?

I have never heard or seen the screen you have described.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, with Catalog Type 1 - in the selected set I specify which Defect Class I want for each code. So it frustrates me when it "asks" me again (why let me specify in the first place then?) in results recording.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. you don't do defect recordings with catalog 1.

In the MIC you should have defined a catalog 9 for use with the MIC. On that screen you also define whcih defect codes are to be used. I suspect now that you have not defined which catalog 9 to use with the MIC.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right about Defects Recording - but I'm talking about the Results recording Screen. I fished around and found how to disable it from appearing. It was quite obvious acutally.

Settings -> User Settings (ControlShiftF11)

then click on the "Default Values" tab, and unclick "Possible entry defect class active"

that was all I had to do, lol

But I thank you both greatly for your input!

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow! I didn't even know that existed there! 15 years in QM and still learning! Obviously no one else ever saw it either!!! LOL

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

good point!

Answers (0)