cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set inheritance flags for equi install in functional location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am searching for a way to set the inheritance flags for some equipment values when installing in a functional location. I tried it through transaction IE4N which works fine but I need this functionality in my rfc/bapi call. Yet I do not see a way to do it with the standard BAPIs (BAPI_EQUI_INSTALL, ...)

Please let me know if and how this can be done.

Regards,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried BAPI_FUNCLOC_CHANGE? See the DATA_SPECIFIC parameter.

Hope this helps.

Wenonah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Wenonah,

thx for your hint. But this FM does not actually take care of what I want or I do not see it. You can only specify fields for the functional location but what I want is to install an equipment into a FL and set whether my equipment should take over some fields from the FL or not.

I found the FM 'EQUIPMENT_INSTALL' which is not RFC appicable but seems to have the functionality that I was searching for. Never used it before, so does anyone have the experience if I can use the FM for setting the mentioned flags. (I know that I have to create another FM around it which is RFC available.)

Hints and tipps are very welcome.

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still need some help for my topics. Beside the installation of an equipment I need the other way around as well. I have an equipment which is installed in a functional location and inherits all values from the functional location. Now I want to dismantle the EQUI but still the EQUI should contain all the information which it retrieved before from the FLOC.

I tried different function modules, but everytime the inherit values are deleted from the EQUI.

Does anyone know how to save the information to have them after dismantling still inside the EQUI??

Any help would be great!

Regards,

Andreas