cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to good receive Material from Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I implement SAP RE-FX for a Real Estate Company. They have many construction projects and the result of that project is they will have apartments for sale.

According to SAP RE-FX solution, we use PS solution to mange project and we manage apartment as a sale unit and each sale unit will link with a material. I don't know how to transfer Project Cost to mateial and how to good recive material from Project.

Best regard,

QuangDD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Quang:

In RE X, For the Projects, you can have the Apartment has a Rental Object. Material Will be FG.

For WBS, you can add these Rental object as a Receiver in the Settlement Rule.

After creating apartments as a rental objects, go to WBS settlement rule , then add these objects in the Settlement Recevier.

Through this you can have the cost and Settle to the Project.

Sure that you can get this.

Regards

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Firstly, I would like to thanks all of you answerd for me.

In this question, I want to implement PS like a production order. It mean after finish project, we will have product and we good receive product into stock. This company sell aprtments, apartment is a product of project. That's reason why I want to know how to good receive material from PS.

@sudheer ramayanam : You show me how to settle projectcost to Rental object, but it's not exactly what i want. We have 2 kind of RE solution: RE for Lease and RE for Sale. Rental Objects is used for leasing. Sale Unit is used for Sales. If you want to sell, you must have material in stock. How could we have material in stock ?

Thanks

QuanDD

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is concept of assembly item in PS. In this assembly item will get assgined to manually or automatically to netwrok activity with negative quantity. Say you wanted to manufacture Salse unit(SU) which is made of A and B material.

Follow these steps:

1. Transfer BOM of SU to activtiy in PS thru CN33. Dont forget to specify A as assembly item. Alternatively you can assign SU -1 nos, A 1 no, B 1 no manually to project activity.

2. This will generate reservation/requisition for A and B procure them and get in stock.

3. Tick back flush indicator on Procurement parameter tab of all materials.

4. Confirmation of activity will lead to consumption of A and B , creation of SU item in project stock.

With Regards

Nitin P.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Quang, to my opinion I think you need to reconsider the solution provided like producing materials as apartment from project , why i am saying is, suppose if you are going to built 100+ or 200+ apartments, you will be creating and maintaining those appartments as materials to the project structure and also again you will attach other materials required for the construction work like, steel , cement, bricks etc., etc., to the project....during the course of the project, I think it would be difficult to have control over the project...If you are not a PS Consultant, please get a good PS Consultant and let him suggest the solution for this....This is just my opinion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed Rifaee

Thanks for you reply.

I describe more detail why I want to do good receive mateial from Project.

My customer have many construction projects. They have to manage budget, cost, revenue, schedule.. for project. After finish project they have aparments for sales

As I wrote before, I implement SAP RE-FX and HBS solution for customer. In RE module, we have business entities , each business entity will have some lots and each lots will have some sale unit. The concept Sale Unit is used to mange objects for sales, such as apartments. Each sale unit require a material number. When we make an Sale Order, we will need a material.

I don't know how to link between PS and RE. How could we have material for sales, how to transfer project cost from project to material .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin Patoliya

Your solution just used to produce a specific object for a specific Sale Order. In my case, my company build many apartments and not for only one order.

Thanks you.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Quang, I have never worked in PS & RE integration, so no clue....you may try posting in RE forum, may be they might hep you with this integration.

0 Kudos

Hi...

Project has different WBS elements as per project structure, Material is linked to specific WBS element.

When creating the purchase order with account assignment category Z then system ask to add WBS element in accounting view in ME21N. Material stock generated against the WBS element.

We can do goods receipt and MIRO,so we can see the project WBS cost by accounting documents.

Also we can see the project cost by standard transactions like ME2J for Purchase order against Project.

I think it will help you for greater extent.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashok Nandargi

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to transfer project cost to material...then do settlement...create material and enter that material as a settlement reciever in WBSE and then do settlement....take help of your FICO consultant...he can guide you on this