Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pro and co of indirect role assignment : help

mehmet_koc3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

On my current project we have to analyze the possibility to use indirect role assignment, and probably to positions.

However, as per SAP help, it says the following :

"If a role is assigned to a very large number of users using your link in the HR-ORG model, it is better for performance reasons to assign this role to the users directly using user maintenance (such as transaction SU10). "

But also, our client use drag and drop option to transfer a person from one position to another position (PPOME), and this is NOT done centrally but locally in different cities.

My client is a public sector institution with several hundreds of HR users, distributed in local HR departments, with few roles by user.

My question is : is it usefull and recommened to use indirect role assignment in this case ? What are the pro&co of this option (except the easy maintenance for the security staff) ?

My concern is : in case of person transfer, there is also a role/authorization change in this case, so limited control on authorizations for the security staff.

What is the best practice please?

Thanks a lot for your help

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The most important prerequisite for OM based security is absolutely accurate OM data.

It is quite tricky to have fully consistent data when you drag and drop holder via PPOME.

So maybe it is not the best idea for you.

In general pros and cons are following:

Pros:

- no manual efforts for user administration

- consistent role assignment

Cons:

- increased effort for OM maintenance (role assignment to positions, org units)

- potential security breaches (when OM data is not consistent)

- possible performance issues (should not be a problem if job is schedule on low time).

Cheers,

Vladimir