cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production version for planned orders in repetitive manufacturing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

We will start working with repetitive manufacturing in SAP and I have a couple of doubts that maybe you can answer:

- When I launch the MRP, the planned orders are directly created without production version, is there any way to indicate a production version by default when the MRP creates the planned orders?

- In our model we have just one production version per material. I have notice that although the planned orders are created without production version, if during backflusing I indicate then production version, the quantities are automatically discounted from the planned orders without production version. If I create the planned orders without production version, which are the problems that I can found?

Thanks in advance,

Laura

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Selection criteria for production version is the BOM selection filed in MRP-4 view.

Also in the Material Master you need to mainatin the REM Profile and REM indicator in MRP-4 view and also in the PV, you need to say that the PV is relevant to REM.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!!!

It was because the "selection method " in MRP 4 was not well introduced. Now the MRP creates the planned orders with production version.

What about my second question, does anybody know which are the consecuences of having one planned order without production version??

Regards

Laura

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

It is useful if you have more than one prouction version and which actaul production version your going to use is not fix means specified line is not defined production in that case we can use this option.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laura,

It looks like the REM set up is not done properly & that's why prod version is not getting considered during MRP run.

Plz check whether the following settings/checks are being done:

1) REM profile is defined.

2) Material Master:

Production version is maintained in MRP-4 view & REM indicator, REM profile is maintained.

Production version is in validity dates with proper lot size & is unlocked.

Thks,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laura,

in the initial screen of production version you have the option REM Allowed

Just Tick that so that MRP Picks the Production version in ur plan order

Regards

Madhu