cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accessing .pdf file using file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement in which I am getting a .zip file which contain 3 different .pdf file, that need to be posted to ECC server.

The business expecting the data to be posted to ECC using RFC or Proxy.

I can unzip the file using payloadZipBean but as far as I know file adapter cant read .pdf and convert it to XML.

I am working with PI 7.0 so cant use the Agent concept .

what could be the other possible solution.

regards,

Navneet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you do not need to convert the PDF to XML. Maybe the best is to send the ZIP file unchanged to the proxy and then unzip and handle it there.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply. but my Questionn is how to send the ZIp file unchanged using proxy.

I mean to say ,to generate the server proxy I need to define a interface .

so what is the structure of the data type need to be used to generate proxy

I have 3 different type of pdf file is comming under zip file.

please provide any link if you have .

Thanks

Navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm, you can do transfer of non-XML data in PI by just using dummy interface names in the pipeline objects (these interfaces do not exist as data types), and transfering those data through the pipeline without mapping (e.g. receiving a ZIP file and write out the ZIP content unchanged again as file or attach it to a mail).

If that also works for the proxy adapter type, I do not know.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi christian

as you said we can do the file transfer using the dummy interface.

and the below link is also saying that ,it can be work for any adapter type.

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository .

I have tried it .

here I defined one sender file adapter and using the payloadzipBean to unzip the content.

and in receiver side created the Xi channel to post the payload into the ECC server. here i am using the dummy interface at receiver agreement that does not exist in IR.

I am getting the successful flag in PI (sxmb_moni) but could not recognize that where the payload get posted in ECC,as I have not created any proxy for dummy interface.

even we cant monitor the XI channel in RWB.

can any buddy help me in getting that where the payload get posted.

regards,

Navneet.

I

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

>>where the payload get posted.

Check SXMB_MONI of the ECC system.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suraj,

Yes data is there in SXMB_moni.

but my problem is not to find the data.

as i have not generated the proxy i dont have the class or method that can be implemented to post the data to the table.

again here i simply did the file to file transfer using PI,so payload is not in xml format it is in pdf format. now how the abaper use this pdf to post the data into the table. they unable to receive the data in internal table format.

regards,

Navneet

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/05/17/trouble-writing-out-a-pdf-in-xipi

you would have to write a module to help you out