Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset blocking for subsequent acquisition

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I created one asset 100101. I posted acquisition on 10April 2010. Now for control purpose, i want to block that asset number be blocked for using again for creating PO or acquisition.

Please let me know how to block it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Tcode AS05 and tick locked to acquis.

Thanks

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can block an asset for acquisition using AS05 by selecting locked for acquisation radio button. But said that you will first have to identiy them and update them on regular basis.

Thanks

Vaibhav

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But by blocking in AS05, is it possible for posting depreciation ?

Also let me know can we block many assets together.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Deepak.

Yes you can block the asset for posting through AS05. You can not use that asset for subsequent acquisition after blocking from AS05. There is option available in AS05 please see after entering your asset. The asset will be block for only subsequent acquisition not for posting depreciation. If you want to restrict the depreciation posting for that asset use Asset Shutdown option. I hope this clears to you. What is requirement ?

If you need any help please revert further. You are welcome.

Regards,

Pankaj A Bhalerao.

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

shutdown: this blocks the asset completely also no depreciaiton is calculated. I don't kno if that is what you want.

There no possiblity in standard that don't allows aquisitions etc. abd at the same time depreciaiton is calculated.

But you can make a validation.

regards Bernhard