cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP and Primavera Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using XI to integrate SAP and Oracle Primavera. To talk to primavera we are using external Adapter called Primavera Adapter.

It works like.. when ever Adapter is deployed OR when Adapter service is restarted, adapter reads the bootstrapfile from specific location (eg 'C:\BootStrapFile) for the very first time to make the connection with Primavera and create the session. it does not ping (does not execute that perticular code) bootstrap file on every request coming to adapter.

In adapter we are implementing <code>start()</code> method to stabilize the session with primavera. This method is called by J2EE JCA container when the JCA adapter is started via the J2EE admin console (e.g. explicitly in the connector service or implicitly during a deployment). The inbound processing MUST be started now.

Requirement here is, If we replace bootstrapfile at specific location ('C:\BootStrapFile) then adapter should pick new bootstrap file. But can only happen when start and stop method called up explicitly or implicitly. I don't want to pool that directory constantly since it is performance hit.

Can I get any trigger from standard XI user interface on change of bootstrapfile, on which I may call up start and stop method explicitly?

Thanks

Shalindra Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can somebody tell me how can I catch the event on change of Active/Inactive value in dropdown of Integration Directory from my own code ?

I have my custom adapter writen in Java and i want to catch the event on change of active/incative drop down in Integration Directory from my Adapter. Please help me ! What do i need to do (to import certain SAP jar OR ...) to achieve this.

Thanks In Advance

Shalindra Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prateek,

Thanks for the reply,

But the event driven message processing will not be helpful.

Biggest challenge here is how XI/PI come to know that the bootstrap file is been replaced (changed) in windows (OS) system.

then after question is really how can we from the standard XI user interface call a method (through some of the standard Adapter Framework methods) that can then in itself call the shutdown and startup methods of Primavera Adapter.

Thanks

Shalindra Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Flok,

Have a look into this PDF document may be it will give you the in detailed information to your requirment

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2016a0b1-1780-2b10-97bd-be3ac6221...

Regards,

Ravi.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hello Flok,

Have a look into this PDF document may be it will give you the in detailed information to your requirment

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2016a0b1-1780-2b10-97bd-be3ac62214c7?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true

Regards,
Ravi.

And would you like to explain how Performance related article is helpful here?

Regards,

Prateek

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried using Event driven message processing?

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2006/01/04/scheduling-messages-in-sap-xi

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly help me !

If anyone having any idea about it ?