Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Centralized monitoring in PI

Hi

I have a question regarding centralized monitoring. Is it possible to monitor XML messages in the backend system from PI? They share the same transaction, SXI_MONITOR, but I have never heard of anyone doing this.

The reason why I am asking is that we have an outside-in approach for developing services. XSD is created in PI and proxies are generated in backend. Still, the call does not necessarily have to go through PI, but we would like to monitor the messages somehow.

In NetWeaver Admin there is a cross-component view for messages, can this be used for backend messages?

SAP also says that "The SAP NetWeaver Administrator for PI is not supported for use in production scenarios."..."SAP recommends that customers use the Runtime Workbench for PI monitoring in production scenarios and would not support the installation, configuration and usage of the SAP NetWeaver Administrator for PI." (Note 1247043). Are they stating that NWA has some nice functionality but we cannot use it in a productive environment?

Thanks

regards Ole

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question