cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centralized monitoring in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a question regarding centralized monitoring. Is it possible to monitor XML messages in the backend system from PI? They share the same transaction, SXI_MONITOR, but I have never heard of anyone doing this.

The reason why I am asking is that we have an outside-in approach for developing services. XSD is created in PI and proxies are generated in backend. Still, the call does not necessarily have to go through PI, but we would like to monitor the messages somehow.

In NetWeaver Admin there is a cross-component view for messages, can this be used for backend messages?

SAP also says that "The SAP NetWeaver Administrator for PI is not supported for use in production scenarios."..."SAP recommends that customers use the Runtime Workbench for PI monitoring in production scenarios and would not support the installation, configuration and usage of the SAP NetWeaver Administrator for PI." (Note 1247043). Are they stating that NWA has some nice functionality but we cannot use it in a productive environment?

Thanks

regards Ole

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are they stating that NWA has some nice functionality but we cannot use it in a productive environment?

It is not exactly about NWA. It is about NWAPI which is accessible from URL

http://host:port/nwapi

NWAPI should not be used in Production environment at present.

Regards,

Prateek

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ole

Yes, you can monitor the messages on the proxy Sender/Receiver system in transaction sxmb_moni. Depending on where the message fails (Proxy Sender -> PI -> Proxy Receiver) you can monitor in transaction sxmb_moni.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your answers. Regardsless of if it is NWA or NWAPI, the question is how to monitor backend messages from PI (SXI_MONITOR, RWB, other).

@Mark => you say that this can be done from SXMB_MONI. Does that mean that messages from one backend system to another system (SAP or others) not modelled in Integration Directory can still be seen from SXMB_MONI? You mentione PI in there, but my scenario is not set up in PI ID, only modelled contract, XSD, in ESR.

regards Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

if you are using proxies in sender an receiver system, these system have a local integration engine. Thus it's possible to monitor outbound messages in sender system in SXMB_MONI and inbound messages in SXMB_MONI in receiver system.

Why are you not using PI. You would gain more flexibility and a central monitoring instance, where you would be able to see the whole communication. This may counter the advantages of point-to-point connections (which is, what you are using).

Regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if your interface is configed through pi ,you could central monitor your messages in sxi_monitor(IS),if it is use proxy,you could also monitor messages about backend system in your RWB。

i heard someone said that you can also central monitor the message which is used p2p。but i did a test about p2p,my p2p scenario is work well.

unfortunately i canu2019t monitor my in my pi rwb and even can't monitor the message in my sender and receiver sap system by transaction sxi_monitor.i donu2018t know if there are some add-on config for p2p sceanrio to monitor the messages,because we can't monitor the messages ,so i even don't dare to use p2p technical in my real scenario although it has many advantages。

can any one tell me what is the right config for p2p secanrio monitor.