cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging two files

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a file-xi-file scenario. I am having two files Header.txt and Items.txt. Now I want to merge this two files and create one file. How can I achieve this?

---Korobee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to use a BPM which will wait for two files

to start (fork step) and then you can merge them

in a transformation step

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal & Krishna

I have never implemented BPM before. Hence I request you guys to guide me what I have to do to resolve this issue. Since I have two files i will create one datatype for each file, and one message type for each file. Also I will create two Outbound asynchrounous message interfaces. Then how can I implement BPM here? Can you please help me or point me to any weblogs for this?

---Korobee

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BPM :

You will have 2 receive steps in a fork.

Then , you will have a tranformation step, where you will map the 2 source messages into a single source, and finally a Send step.

Interfaces :

2 outbound Aysnch for each source file , 1 inbound Asynch for target file , 3 abstract Interfaces for each file message.

3 message types for each of the file , 1 interface mapping between the 3 asynch message interfaces.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the SAP BASIS SWCV in the Integration repository , you have an example for the same thing that you want to do : BpmPatternCollectMultiIf

The details of the same is present in help.spa.com to give more explaination.

Regards

Vijaya