cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

row material sale

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sir ,

im working in dairy industry . requirment is milk is row material for production but they also

sale loose milk ( row material) so how can i proccess it . it is a finished material for me but how can i tranfer row

material from row material stock to finished material stock ..plz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can sale raw material also.

Only in case of raw material you have to extend the raw material for Sales views.

Also you can sale from any storage location it dosenot required to transfer the goods to finished product location.

Thanks & Regards,

Pankaj Mahajan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Arvind

As such as far as i know you will not sale milk at the same price on whcih you have purchased it.

There will be some value additional definitely. So better to have the Selling code different from purchasing code.

Now coming to conversion of material ,so if u dont want to go through all production cycle .

You can copy MB1B to create a custom T.Code and hard code movement type 309 if u dont need any quality control check ,or 321 movment type if u want quality control check.

I hope u already have separate storgae location to identify stocks. Do keep appropriate authorizations to avoid misuse and pinpoint responsibility of this T.code.

As already suggested u can use HALB or FERT.

I would suggest u use FERT with special material code and group to easily identify.

this will minimize problems associated with CIN excise ,tax etc. and you can monitor costs separately as well.

I hope this helps

Regards

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

With regard to Mandar's suggestion, a different material should only be created alongside the existing material if the milk which will be sold is somehow different from the milk which is used as an input to further production. For instance, if the milk which is sold has been pasteurised then it should have a different material number from unpasteurised milk.

The fact that the selling price is not the same as the purchase price is not a valid reason to create a different material. Pricing conditions will take care of this point.

The material to material transfers which would be required for each sale transaction are an unnecessary administrative step. If there are processing steps which take place to prepare the raw material for sale, then these should be recognised and modeled in SAP. If, however, the raw material is being sold ex-stock with no further processing, then I would suggest that the SAP business process be made as simple and straightforward as possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A raw material (type ROH) is one that by its nature is not expected to be sold.

As has been suggested already, you could change the material type to semi finished goods (HALB), which would allow the material to be sold or used as input into a production process.

Be wary of changing the settings on SAP standard material types. If you want a versio of ROH that you can sell, rather copy the material type to e.g., ZROH and modify that.

But if you are going to go to all that trouble, it is likely far simpler just to use material type HALB which is already in existence.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from the above suggestions, you should also maintain "F" in J1ID - Material and Chapter ID Combination". Though the material is ROH and if you maintain Material Type as Raw Material, the corresponding sales value for this material will not get updated in RG1 register.

So you need to take care of this point also before invoicing any raw materials.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from the above suggestion, you can use material type as "HALB" which is semi finished. So you can use the same material as input material and finished material also. Just extend the sales views for the material

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar