cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create new pooled resource in the Receiver FTP Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to do a simple file to file scenario, but I am getting the following error at the receiver FTP adapter.

"Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException"

According to the inputs from the other threads I have asked the FTP admin to check all the things and they said everything is fine from there end.

I have also tried to change the Data connection from Passive to Active but with no luck.

Please suggest!!!!!!!!!

P.S: There is no FCC used in the scenario.

Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

1)try putting the same file with FTP Commands in Start--> run. If you are able to put the file successfully then there is no problem with FTP.

2)try stopping the channel and start again.

thanks,

madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

The problem I am connected via Citirx and I cannot run the cmd prompt from it and neither I can install a standalone FTP client as suggested by CSY.

Also I have tried to stop & start the channel serveral times but with no luck....

I have asked the basis guys to test the connection from the OS level. Hope they can help with this!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the note 1085539 where you can test the FTP and JDBC connections from the PI box...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As per the note I have tested the FTP connection but I have received the "500 Internal server Error ---Application error occurred during request processing."

Can you please suggest what might be going wrong?

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Check below points

1)Check the Two communication channels connection using Communication channel monitoring,there you can see the conection 3was succesfull or not.

if it throwning error,then problem with network conection.

look at below link

Regards.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your reply!!!!!!

This is what I could see in the Audit log of the CC monitoring of the receiver file adapter

09.04.2010 10:53:47 Success Connecting to FTP server "XXXXXXXXX"

09.04.2010 10:53:47 Error Attempt to process file failed with Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException

09.04.2010 10:53:47 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException

I have already referred the link provided by you, but it did not help.

Kindly suggest if there is anything which I need to check in the config.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you used a normal standalone FTP client and tried to send that file, to make sure the problem is really in PI ?

If that works fine, then there seems to be a problem with the FTP connections in PI (max connections reached ?). You could stop and restart the FTP comm channel(s). Or reboot the J2EE stack (if its a development machine).

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CSY,

In fact I am able to send messages to a different FTP server from my XI system but not this particular FTP server.

Do you think this is still an issue with the PI or from the FTP side?

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then it seems that the problem is on the FTP server side. But to verify that, I suggest to try to send a file with a standalone FTP client to that server.

CSY