cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DynamicConfiguration in BPM issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

i have an PDF for a file to file scenario ..

After succefully sending the File from Source to target system i need to send mail with the PDF file name .i am trying to take the acknowledgement usning this Blog (/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments)

now i am stuck in taking the file name inside the BPM..and i am not able to add a interface mapping before the BPM..because i dont have a XML..

how can i take the file name and send inside the BPM ..? and send mail after the acknowledgement ..

thanks

Souz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
now i am stuck in taking the file name inside the BPM

The logic has to be applied outside the BPM.....you cannot access the Dynamic Configuration parameters winside a BPM.

and i am not able to add a interface mapping before the BPM..because i dont have a XML.

You dont have a XML? does that mean you are just passing the file from source to target without any mapping or are you using an adapter module to convert the PDF into XML and then passing.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i am passing the file without any mapping in place ..i dont have any modules ..

thanks

Souz

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abishek,

Why can't we access the Dynamic Config inside BPM? Are you sure it won't work?

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you create a simple mapping having single filed as string. Whole file can be treated as string & you dont need to create an xml out of this. Using interface mapping in BPM, you can assign file name to BPM variable & later use it in mail whereever you want.

Regards

Sushil

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

What is the Message type you have used in the Abstarct Interface(eg: A_Abs) of the first receiver step? I guess this to be a dummy one and you might not be using it inside BPM.

Do a interface mapping between the actual sender interface and the abstract interface (A_Abs) of the BPM. Since their message type is same you can make a message mapping and using dynamic configuration assign the filename to one of the field of target.

Use this operation mapping in the Interface determination (ie before entering BPM). So inside BPM you should have the filename in this node of the target message type.

Since you are reading a pdf file. I am not sure whether this will be of help, you can give it a try

Regards

Suraj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Are you sure it won't work?

Yes, we cannot access dynamic configuration variable inside a BPM and hence as a workaround Michal designed a blog which tells us how to access Message Header Details inside a BPM.....by taking these details in the mapping in Interface Determination....for more details you can refer that blog of Michal

Regards,

Abhishek.