Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Unable to Install PI7 7.10 Dialogue Instance

I have upgraded the Central Instance (Primary Server) of a SAP PI 7.0 system to 7.1 SPS8 but am having problems with the Dialogue Instance in the same High Availability cluster.

As per the installation guide, I have uninstalled the ERS (11) and the DI (02) on the DI server. I then succesfully installed a new ERS (11), but am unable to install a new DI.

When I install the DI, it gets to the phase 'Install instance basics' and stops with the error 'Can not get DB connection. Batchconfig will only be able to execute offline tasks.'

This installation processes also causes the Java instance on the CI node to fail. I believe this is because the installation process onthe DI node extracts some files to the shared cluster area. I have been able to get the Java instance on the CI node to work again by copying the kernel from our QA system to the production system and re-starting the production system.

I have tried:

- Retry

- Stopping the installation, restarting the server and resuming the installation

- Stopping the installation, restarting the server, unsinstalling the DI node and re-installing the DI node

but I get the same result every time.

These OSS notes do not highlight any issues:

98678 - SQL Server Connection Issues

128126 - Database Connect for external tools

1294762 - Schema repair script (SCHEMA4SAP.VBS)

Please can you suggest why the DI node fails at the phase 'Install instance basics' and how I can resolve this?

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question