cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our vendor send the material to the customer and II want to configure Third Party sales order according the related vendor and purchase order, So how I can configure the system? Is it necessary to create sales order, delivery, billing? how I can goods issue the material because the vendor send the material and we dont have special storage location there?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Configuration steps:

 Create customer master with XD01 by using account group 0001 under 2200 u2013 10 u2013 00 sales area.

 Create a material master with MM01 with the material type u201CTrading goodsu201D.

Maintain the data in all the views and make sure that general item category group BANS

Purchasing group [000] in purchasing view

 Create a vendor using transaction code XK01

Specify vendor number [ ]  Here it is external

Company code [2200]

Purchasing organization [2200]

Account group [0001] and press ENTER

Maintain the data in all the required fields

 Go to  Next screen option

Specify Reconciliation account number [ ] sort key [ ]

Cash management group [A1]

Order currency [EUR] (customer is from France)

 Save and Exit

 Go to VA01 and raise the sales order

Change the item category as TAS (from TAN to TAS)

 Save the document and note down the sales order number and Exit

 Go to (sales order) VA03  Schedule lines and note down the purchase requisition number that has been

displayed in purchase requisition field.

 Raise the purchase order with reference to purchase requisition number by using Transaction code ME21

Specify the vendor number [ ]

Purchasing group [005] = Standard

Again purchasing group [000] and press ENTER

 Click on with reference to purchase requisition

 Select line item and click on Adopts + Details push button on application bar

In this section we have to specify the net price (cost that we maintained in the material master).

[] Un u2013 check GR (Goods Receipt)

If you uncheck GR, we can do the invoice verification based on the goods receipts.

 Save the document and note down the number and Exit

 Go to MIRO for invoice verification

Here we have to specify invoice date and purchase order number and specify purchase order number in

purchase order number [ ] field of PO reference tab and specify reference field and press ENTER

Then you can view balance amount from right side

The same amount should be specified in amount [ ] field and press ENTER

Then system makes balance amount 0 (zero). That means invoice verification has been done (completed).

 Save the document and note down the number and Exit

 Raise invoice to the customer [VF01]

Specify the standard order number and raise the invoice

 Save and Exit

 Go to VA02 (sales document) and observe the document flow.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Third party order processing is as follows:

Assume three companies X, Y and Z

X u2013 The company,

y u2013 The customer

Z u2013 Vendor

When ever X gets a PO from Y to supply some goods, X has an option of either manufacturing those goods or procuring those goods.

If he is procuring the goods, there are two methods that are generally followed:

Method 1) After receiving the PO from Y, X creates a sales order against Y.

Now at the same time he also creates a PO to a vendor Z to produce the goods

Z produces the goods and supplies to X

X receives the goods from Z

Then X delivers the same goods to Y.

After that X invoices Y and Z invoices X.

Note : Here there is no direct/ Indirect relation between Z and Y.

This process is known as Trading Process. and the Material here is created with Material type HAWA.

The other method is a Third party order processing method:

Here the glaring difference is that instead of Z supplying the material to X and X in turn supplying the same material to Y.

X authorizes Z to supply the material to Y on his behalf and notify him once the delivery is complete.

Now Z supplies the material to Y and acknowledges the same to X.

Z will send a copy of delivery acknowledgement and invoice to X.

After receiving the delivery confirmation and invoice from Z, X has to verify the invoice and this process is known as invoice verification and is done in SAP through Tcode MIRO.

The next step for X is to create an invoice and submit to Y

Only after the invoice verification document is posted then only X can create an invoice for Y.

This is the business flow that is followed for third party order configuration.

There are few steps that have to be configured to enable the system to function as mentioned above.

Step1)

If you are always followwing a third party process for a material then you have to create the material using item category group BANS.

The procument type should be marked as External procurement (F) in MRP 2 view of the material master record.

if you are not always allowing third party order processing then u can create a material master record with item category group as NORM and the procurement type should be marked as ( X) meaning both types of procurment ( in house manufacturing and external procurement).

step 2)

the item category in the order should be manually changed as TAS.

For that you need to confugure the item category determination

ord type + item cat grp + usge + Hiv level = Item cat + Manual item cat

OR + NORM + + = TAN . + TAS

OR + BANS + + = TAS

Step 3)

make sure that during the item category configuration for TAS you need to mark relevnat for billing indicator as F

step 4)

The schedule line cateogry for this type should be CS.

make sure that you mark subsequent type as NB u2013 purchase requisition in this schedule line category as this will trigger the purchase requision order immediately after the creation of the sales order and the PO to vendor is created against this purchase requiesion.

Thanks & Regards,

Pankaj Mahajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I configure the system and created the sales order with item category TAS, but three questions still remained:

1- the schedule line (CS) is not put as a default item in the schedule line in the sales order and I should select it manually

2- after I create sales order and configure copy control from sales order to billing document the system does not create the invoice and give me the error "The item is not relevant for billing"

3- the total value in pricing procedure in the sales order is equal 0 in this sales area but in another sales areas , it shows correct value.

So , How can I fix it?

thanks

Edited by: Lida Navabpour on Apr 13, 2010 9:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lida,

Go to VOV5, Please check is the combination for your Item category and MRP type(from your material) already setup or not?

Go to VOV7 --> Open the detail page of your item category TAS

here the

Billing Relevance --> B

Pricing ---> X

Hope ite helps,

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

all my configurations in VOV5 and VOV7 are correct but the problem still remained, and the main problem is that the total price in sales order pricing procedure shows zero. So how I can fix it?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firsly goto, VOV7 for TAS item category, maintain billing relevance as F - Order-related billing doc. - status according to invoice qty and not B because it is Third Party Sales Order.

Secondly, in sales order, goto condition tab - click on Analysis button and then see if your condition record has been found if you have created one.

One more thing, in VOV5 remove the manual schedule line category and keep only default schedule line cate. if other is not required or else keep the CS as default and other as manual sch. line cat.

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar

Edited by: Sagar Wagh on Apr 13, 2010 12:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply,

I change the billing relevance to F but all the setting in the VOV5 is correct but the problem still remained. Another thing is in the sales order , condition, analysis: system has been found the condition record but total price is still zero( this pricing procedure works in another sales order type).

and for third party sales order , the process should be created PR automatically after sales order creation and with this process system does not create PR automatically. So I want to know how I can configure it according standard SAP?

Thanks.

Edited by: Lida Navabpour on Apr 13, 2010 2:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PM,

I configure system according your instruction, but some problem will be occurred.

1- after creation sales order, the system does not create PR and the schedule line tab is disable. and I can not check the PR field to check it.

2- there is a problem in the pricing procedure that used in sales order. I check all the configuration in the pricing procedure but every configuration seem to be correct and this pricing procedure works in another sales order type correctly.

So, I want to know why the system does not create PR and how I can Check the PR field in the sales order to display PR number?

I am waiting for your reply,

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 1- after creation sales order, the system does not create PR and the schedule line tab is disable. and I can not check the PR field to check it.

Hi,

In order to generate PR from Sales order you need to check the following settings

- In material master - sales-sales org2, give BANS as item category group

- in VOV7 for item category TAS, schedule line allowed box should be activated

- in VOV6 for the schedule line category (CS), order type has value as NB - PR

- Item Category as Third party in VOV6 itself

- Acc. assign. category as X.

- Deactivate rest all the fields

- in VOV5, sche. cate. CS should be determined for the combination of item category (TAS) and MRP type (Blank or ND)

If all these settings are correct, system will automaticall generate PR. You can check the generated PR at item level - schedule line category - at the bottom of screen PR button is there

> 2- there is a problem in the pricing procedure that used in sales order. I check all the configuration in the pricing procedure but every configuration seem to be correct and this pricing procedure works in another sales order type correctly.

If the correct pricing procedure is getting determined then, there is surely problem with condition records.

Did you check if the condition type is statistical.

Also, check the validity of the condition record

Kindly check the above and post your feedback

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sagar,

Thanks for your reply.

I check the following setting:

1- in material master I defined BANS for material in sales organization2.

2- in VOV2 : for TAS I activated schedule line allowed

3- in VOV6 I defined for CS order type NB, Item category 5, Account assignment cat. X

4- in VOV5 I defined the combination item cat. MRP Type.

but the system does not create PR too. and the schedule line in the item level in sales order is disable.

So , If there is another configuration I missed , please let me know.

and for condition type , it is just mandatory not statistical, but if I choose the statistical the system shows the same behavior like before. I mentioned that system can defined condition record in sales order but it can not calculate anything.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no other setting for this as per my knowledge

With this setting system should generate the PR

Are you entering / determining the plant properly in which third party material is maintained. Because, as soon as you enter material, qty and plant and press ENTER button, system takes you to PR geration screen.

If all the settings are correct then i guess there is some problem while creating / entering data in sales order itself.

> and for condition type , it is just mandatory not statistical, but if I choose the statistical the system shows the same behavior like before. I mentioned that system can defined condition record in sales order but it can not calculate anything.

Check the calculation type of the condition type in V/06

Hope you get some inputs

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know that is there any configuration in PR side that related this process? because all the setting in the SD side is correct but the automatic PO is not created automatically yet in sales order.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lida,

In this scenario Automatically Purchase Requisition will create while you are saving the sales order in schedule line you can able to see the PR against line item.

This will happen based on respective Schedule Line Category CS where Order Type is maintained as NB. W.r.t to PR you need to create PO by using ME57...

Regards

Durga Sana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the problem and I could create the PR after creation sales order and the problem is related to sales order quantity.

When I create the sales order with material and target quantity, system dont recognize schedule line automatically and this problem will be solved when I select the item -> goto -> item -> sales A and in this screen the order quantity does not show any thing and if put the material quantity here , then system put schedule line automatically and create PR. SO I dont know why in sales order creation , system does not put order quantity here. So How I can fix this problem?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lida,

Pls go through this link.which has already been answered

Regards

Seegal