0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can any one explain me the difference between

1. Opening periods

2. PPDS plng Time fence

3. Adjustment Horizon

4. Rqmts Ascertain Horizon

5. PPDS Horizon

& also please explain me step by step how i can create PPM for my finished products

Please let me know.

Thanks & REGARDS

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

In order to map your scenario, you need to create bom and routing

for component and SF product and keep as constant.

Then your FP1, FP2 and FP3 boms should be created in such a way

to have links between the above constant component and SF.

Maintain the activitiy relationships wherever applicable.

Once this is done, the PPDS PPM generated during integration

model generation of PPM will produces 3 different PPMs for

FP!, FP2 and FP3 respectively and two PPMs one for component

and another for SF.

You can use these 5 PPMs for your finite planning sceduling

model

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Answer is somewhat lengthy and I am giving in two steps.

1. Opening periods : This is the product-specific time period during which a planned order or a purchase requisition should be converted into a production / process order or a purchase order. The opening period is defined in workdays and the system can use the opening period to determine an opening date.

Example:

u2022 Planned order -> Manufacturing order

Opening date = Production start date - Opening period

2. PPDS plng Time fence

This is period during which planning is fixed for the product for (PP/DS) procurement planning functions and heuristics:

u2022 Action Cover dependent and stock transport requirements immediately if possible

u2022 Action Cover dependent and stock transport requirements immediately

u2022 Heuristics that execute procurement planning and can create or delete procurement proposals

These heuristics include, for example, the standard heuristic SAP_PP_002 for planning standard lots.

u2022 The standard heuristic SAP_PCM_DIS for dissolving production campaigns

The PP/DS planning time fence begins at the current time and continues for the given number of workdays into into the future.

Remaining 2 in next post

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Continued...

3. Adjustment Horizon and 4. Rqmts Ascertain Horizon

These two horizons are relevant to sales order oriented planning. In sales order oriented planning we only convert procurement proposals (planned orders and purchase requisitions) into manufacturing orders or purchase orders if theses procurement proposals are used to cover sales orders.

Adjustment Horizon : Using specific PPDS heuristics, we delete planned independent requirements for which there are no sales orders, and adjust the purchase requisitions and planned orders used to cover these planned independent requirements accordingly.

u2022 To adjust the planned independent requirements and procurement proposals for selected products, we use the standard heuristic SAP_PP_015. This heuristic executes the adjustment for all procurement proposals that start in the adjustment period. You can define the adjustment period using the adjustment horizon.

u2022 Using the standard heuristic SAP_PP_016 you execute the adjustment for selected orders. The adjustment horizon and the adjustment period are not relevant here.

Rqmts Ascertain Horizon: Using a specific PPDS heuristic (standard heuristic SAP_PP_014) we can determine the planned independent requirements for which there are no sales orders.

We can determine these planned independent requirements for procurement proposals that start in the requirements ascertainment period. We can define the requirements ascertainment period using the requirements ascertainment horizon. We can use the results to ask your customers to issue sales orders.

5. PPDS Horizon

This the time horizon in which PP/DS can automatically create, change, or delete receipts. Outside of the PP/DS horizon, receipts can only be planned manually in PP/DS

PPM creation:

In APO we have PPDS and SNP PPMs.

Please refer to the URL below which gives in detail the procedure for PPM creation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/06/5077372b3c602be10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Hope this satsifies your queries.

Regards

Datta Kadam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Thanks for your responce and sorry for asking such an simple questions .

I have some scenario

COMPONENET> SEMI FINISHED->FINISHED PRODUCT 1

SAME COMPONENET AND SF------> FINISHED PRODUCT 2

SAME COMPONENET>SAME SF> FINISHED PRODUCT 3

Can you please me sir how we can create PPM for this scenario?

For the above scenario i am planning to take finite planning to scedule in sequence.

Please thanks in advance

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

?? You should already have created the appropriate data in ECC. Each of your materials below (FP1, FP2, SF, COMP) will already have routings and Bills of materials in ECC. Create production versions in ECC (if they don't already exist) and CIF them across as PPMs.

Rgds,

DB49