cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run operating system command before message processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a file to file scenario where PI needs to run batch file decrypt.bat.

Which in turn runs exe file which dcrypts the encrypted file.

For this i uploaded the Decrpt.bat,.exe,encrypt.enc files into PI application server folder using sxda_tools transaction.

And i have given the batch file path in the sender file adapter Run operating system command before message processing.

But when i activate scenarion the .bat file is not getting triggered.

Have any one worked with this type of scenario or worked with Run operating system command before message processing.

Please send your answers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

>>Run operating system command before message processing.

Is this your requirement:

The batch process should first decrypt the file and then PI should do the processing.

If yes, then this is not the correct approach. Run operating system command before message processing, means the file is picked and before sending the file to Integration Server, your batch job will be called. If there is a problem with the invocation of batch job then try to check the blog of Michal on OS scripts debugging

Still if you want to decrypt and then process the file, then you need to run a standalone batch job and decrypted files should be placed in PI polled folders. You need to schedule the hob sop as it runs for eg: after every 5 min and if it finds a file, it decrypts and move it to another folder.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for your help

Yes you are right .I need to decrypt the file and then pick that decrypted file.

Can you tell me how to schedule standalone batch job in PI.And where can i get it?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

>>Can you tell me how to schedule standalone batch job in PI.

Based on the OS of PI Server, either you can schedule it using Task Scheduler (in windows) or using shell script. Please check the method for the the corresponding OS of PI

>>And where can i get it?

Didn't get this. Are you asking about the code to decrypt and move the file? I guess you have the code for decrypting the file, now try google and put the code for moving the decrypted file to XYZ location (where PI is polling).

Regards

Suraj

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I suggest to check below mentioned points:

1. Using cmd command prompt check if the batch files are working properly.

2. There may be issues while uploading batch file with T-code SXDA_TOOLS. I suggest to use T-code CG3Z from SAP R/3 system to upload the files if SAP R/3 directory is mounted with PI system. Otherwise request your Basis team to use upload the batch files.

Br,

Rahul