Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPROXY xsd:datetime, UTC and CET dates

roger_alluivall
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

i have a datatype with a field of xsd:datetime type. When i generate the proxy the technical type is defined as XSDDATETIME_Z and the system converts automatically date and time to UTC. I would like it not to happen and i think i should use the domain XSDDATETIME_LOCAL instead. But i don't know how to make sproxy to generate the field with this technical type. And i can't select it from the drop down list available in the field definition of sproxy. Any clue on this?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

I am having the exact same issue and cannot see the XSDDATETIME_LOCAL in the Abap Attribute dropdown of SPROXY.

Will be great if you can share how you fixed it.

Thanks and regards,

Atul

roger_alluivall
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, it's been a long time since this error and I can't remember what we did. I guess we took the easy way to solve the problem: to change the datatype to string and to do the date conversion in SAP.

I'm sorry I can't help you.

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. How can I fix?

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've just had the same problem. The proxy was expecting a trailing Z in the value of the xsd:datetime element, but didn't receive it. (it is still valid according to the schema, so the error is on the SAP side).

We managed to get around it by changing the type in the ABAP proxy (which for us was generated based on an interface modelled in ESR/PI)

1. Start sproxy

2. Open the service interface

3. Go to external view tab

4. Expand the port, operation and input and for each xsd:datetime element do the following

5.In ABAP attributes change the Techn. Type from XSDDATETIME_Z to XSDDATETIME_ISO

Dagfinn

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've just had the same problem. The proxy was expecting a trailing Z in the value of the xsd:datetime element, but didn't receive it. (it is still valid according to the schema, so the error is on the SAP side).

>

> We managed to get around it by changing the type in the ABAP proxy (which for us was generated based on an interface modelled in ESR/PI)

>

> 1. Start sproxy

> 2. Open the service interface

> 3. Go to external view tab

> 4. Expand the port, operation and input and for each xsd:datetime element do the following

> 5.In ABAP attributes change the Techn. Type from XSDDATETIME_Z to XSDDATETIME_ISO

>

> Dagfinn

This looks like it could be the answer to a problem I've been having, unfortunately when I try this, the technical type appears to be read-only. I'm in edit mode, I can edit some of the other fields in the right hand panel like "untyped mapping" and "ABAP name". I've got SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW rights on the system (ECC 6.04). What am I missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put a breakpoint in program

SAPLSPRX_UI

FORM get_extintview

on statement:

IF lv_act_Tab = sesi_tab_extview

( = line 76 of include LSPRX_UIF12 in our system).

Now, in SPROXY, select the field wich should be  XSDDATETIME_LOCAL.

Debugger pops up.

in  table

GT_DYN_FIELD_ATTR  take record with NAME = GS_EXTINTVIEW-OBJECT-ATTR_DT-R3_DATATYP_T

(the one with having LISTBOX_VALUES entries)

and add line to the LISTBOX_VALUES with entry

XSDDATETIME_LOCALXSDDATETIME_LOCAL

now you can select it in the proxy

select it and activate it.

Now you have correct datatype.

aust
Participant
0 Kudos

Great! This is the answer!

regards,