Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update a field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I´m not able to solve my problem out.

I have a grid in a form. In this grid I show my datatable records. I can delete rows in my grid.

What I need to do now is when I delete my row in the grid, this row was updated (in one of the fields) in the datatable related to the grid. I´M NOT ABLE TO UPDATE THAT FIELD IN THE ROW.

Please give some sample.

Thank you in advanced.

BR,

lorenzo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lorenzo,

Do you want to delete that row from data table records when you delete it from your grid?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

I don´t want to delete the row in the datatable.

I only want to update (from false to true, for example, or instead of null writing a "Y" in the field) one of the fields of that row in the datatable when I delete the row from the grid.

Don´t know If I explain myself enough clear.

Thanks Gordon.

Regards,

lorenzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case, why not just update that field in the grid instead of deleting the row?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

The reason is because I don´t want to show in my grid the rows I have deleted already, but these rows exist in the datatable.

Everytime I execute the program, the grid in my form is filled with all the records(rows) , including those I deleted before (in the grid).

So the only way I thinked about to solve the problem out is when I delete rows in the grid, one of the fieds of these rows is marked at the same time in the datatable (with a "Y", for example).

Then, when the query wich shows the records is executed, I include a "WHERE" wich is "not selecting" those rows with the field marked to "Y". Is that possible?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

BR,

lorenzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please could anyone give me a hand with this??

I don´t know how to solve this feature.

Thanks a lot,

lorenzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suposse no one available

Thanks anyway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please any suggestion??