cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-sid installation on Linux cluster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have checked the sap marketplace and found that multi-sid installation i.e. two sap systems can be installed in one cluster...but this is for windows MSCS and all database

The same i need to check in Linux but i didnt find...

I have ERP 6 with EPh4 and EP 7 on oracle database and need to install both system on SuSe Linux 11 (one node) with multi-sid .

Is there any way...if yes, please let me know...

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

You can sure use two SID's on single host. Just take care of the below points .

1. There should be seperate ORACLE HOMES for each SID.

2. LISTERNER name and port should be different.

3. There should be seperate directory for each instance. (/usr/sap/<SID_1> and /usr/sap/<SID_2>)

4. Similarely same as above for /sapmnt/<SID_1> and /sapmnt/<SID_2>.

5. SAP instance No. and SID should be different.

Rest of the procedure is same as for single SID.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

...and because you have two listeners which have two different names, don't forget to set the "NETSERVICENAME" variable in each SAPDatabase resource configuration.

You can read this in the general SAP HA on SUSE Linux Guide which I strongly recommend for your setup:

http://www.novell.com/partners/sap/sap_on_hasi.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

I need bit information regarding this issue,

I am installing 3 SIDs on single machine

1. ECC 6.0 EHP4

2. Netweaver PI.

3. Netweaver MI.

Operating System : Wiindows 2008 Server.

Database: Oracleg 10.2.0.4 .

All done successfuly however i am not able to start all three servers at the same time, only one can be up at a single time.

As per you recomendation

1. I have 3 diffrent SIDs and unique instance number.

2. However only single Listner there on my machine.

2. Oracle Home is also a single.

Can you please advise what could be the exact Couse of my issue. Is this realy due to all you said.

Regards

Gagan

thomas_valentini
Explorer
0 Kudos

In Windows Multi-SID Cluster has to be implemented from a SAP Global Technology Partner, please see Note 1321854.

In Linux there aren't such restrictions.

Best regards

Thomas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to this discussion. Can you install 2 different SID IDs on the same server but using the same SID no (ex: D11 and C11). Is this due to the ports being shared? What if it the second system was installed using the same sid no but only used when the other systems wasn't. Is there documentation on this particular type of scenario?

I need some help on this matter.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that is no problem.. These are just two separate installations. In the clustering software you have to add both instances.

Kind regards,

Mark Dijsselbloem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can i have any procedure or guide to do this (on Linux)....I mean i have to install the sap systems seperately as described in the installation gudes...but what to do for sapmnt share....as i read the multi-sid installation guide for windows, the procedure to handle sapmnt share is described there....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Your sapmnt is a directory, the SID is a mount point in that directory. So in case of a fail-over this is no problem.

More information regarding high availability for SAP systems can be found in the following guide: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b52456bd-0a01-0010-6d9b-f153bf15a82f

Kind regards,

Mark Dijsselbloem