cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating control charts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to create control charts for quantitative and qualitative MICs, but it gives me error saying that the control chart type is not matching with the sampling procedure.

So please tell me how can I create control chart for both types of MICs, what settings should I make in the sampling procedure and in the inspection plan, if you also any links that might help with SPC please supply me with, as the help & the academy are not enough in this part.

Regards,

MaX

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

need to create control charts for quantitative and qualitative MICs, but it gives me error saying that the control chart type is not matching with the sampling procedure.

As far as the Quantittive char are concerns this error mainly comes due to the type of control chart you select while creating the sampling procedure.Go once through the customization of charts.check in which chart upper & lower limits are used as per your MIC & then carefully select the same.

Explore C or s chart Qulitative MIC's

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot create SPC charts for qualitative characteristics.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even with NP-charts ??

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From SAP config help on SPC

Statistical Process Control

In this section, you make the necessary preparations to use control

charts.

In the Customizing application for control charts, you define:

o which charts will be available

- how results recording will be controlled for these charts

o which function modules will be used to process the control charts

- how parameters will be used in these functions

o how the charts will be assigned to the processes (SPC criteria)

Requirements

You can only use control charts for inspections in which planned inspection characteristics are used and measured values are recorded (that is, the indicators inspect with inspection plan or material specification and results recording based on characteristics are set in the material master, and the control indicator for measured value recording is set in the inspection characteristic).

o You define the SPC criteria in the inspection plan characteristic

(that is, the assignment to the process).

o You define the control chart type in the sampling procedure.

When you plan the use of control charts, you must create sampling procedures with fixed samples. You can also use independent multiple samples or inspection points.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you can see from the help info I included above. In the bolded section concerning "recording measured values".

You will find the "record measure values" on the second page of the control indicators. It is only available for quantitative characteristics. Without this checked on you can't use SPC charts.

You also can't create a sampling procedure with an SPC chart defined that is available for qualitative characteristics. (At least I haven't been able to yet.)

FF