Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modification of Released TR??Is it possible??

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know this is wiered. But Is there any way we can modify any released TR. I need to recapture some roles in few TRs what contain older version of master role. So it get transported to next system will turn traffic light for it's derived role RED in authorization tab.

Arpan

9 REPLIES 9

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot modify it but you can delete it from the import queues in the target system. Then you can create a new transport with the correct roles.

0 Kudos

Well, I also thought that might be the way I need to choose. By the way I can not delete the TRs as This TRs for deletion of roles (around 5000 old roles). The captured master roles are part of the role capture of the roles to be deleted before their deletion. So I have to transport the TR anyway in order to transport the deletion.

Still I will keep this open for a while if any magic comes in my way

Arpan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it that hard to create a new transport again and import in the correct sequence?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Yes that is hard for my current senario. I have deleted around 5000 derived roles. These roles were having around 400 master role. The master roles remains in the system as these have other derived roles what still are in use.

Now deletion of 5000 roles happen back in January and that time we captured the roles. So automatically that time the master roles also get captured.

Now this TR has been released last week (April)

From Jan - April there are several changes in the master roles and the changes are in production system.

As a result the deletion TR of mine contain older version of master roles. So when this will be transported then not only the master will have older version also the existing derived roles will turn Red in authorization tab.

Then we will only left with option to retransport those master roles along all of their derived roles. So you can guess 400 masters with all their derived roles. Technically I still can trasport these again. But there might be some other person who is performing changes on any of these roles. So lot of dependency will come into play.

So it is really giving me hard time.

Hi Sneha,

Please let me know how to merge TRs. Please keep in mind that 1 TR is already released.

Arpan

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

As per my knowlegde modification of a released TR is possible. Only thing we need to do is change the table entries of that paritcular TR in the table E070 from released to modifiable. Then delete that TR from the STMS buffer and Add it again to the buffer. Then you will be able to do modifications. Once the modifications are done and you need to import the TR select the option import again in STMS, This would overwrite all your previous objects and update the newly included or apended objects.

Hope it would be helpful.

Cheers,

Veena

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

What I understand from this post is, the newer version of the roles are in production. Older version of roles (deleted) is in transports.

In such case, why do you need to import them in Production?

The only reason I can think is to show auditors that no transports left imported. If so, the only option I can see is to reimport the transports which has new roles or just transport them again.

When you have many people working with roles, not in sychrnoized manner this kind of conflicts do occur. I guess you need to plan it better at first.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

{Then delete that TR from the STMS buffer and Add it again to the buffer }

Does it means that I need to delete the TR from import queue of QA system??

Arpan

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

The TR should be deleted in the target system's buffer to which the import is required and add the TR again to the same buffer.

While adding the TR to the buffer you get a pop aking for TR number, client and also a check box for option import again. You need

to select this option mandatorily.

Cheers!

Veena BJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Create a new TR with the changes you want and merge it with the existing one.

Regards,

Sneha.