Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy comments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're using 7.5NW.

If I use the copy function in BPC, the data is copied, but not the corresponding comments.

Does anyone know if this is possible using default functions or have experience creating build-in functions to solve this problem?

/Lars

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

If you are comfortable messing around in the generated comment tables, you could write this functionality yourself in a script logic BADI or in a custom process type (for use in a process chain for a data manager package). You could even just run a program in BW to copy around comments if it is a rare enough process.

You can find the tables in SE16 by searching for /1CPMB/*CMT. The table names all look like /1CPMB/ASAPPCMT, where "AS" is the application set prefix, "APP" is the application prefix, and "CMT" denotes the comment table for the application.

Of course, if you mess up your comments tables doing this, I don't think SAP will bail you out, so back up first and test thoroughly!

Ethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

No, it is not possible to copy comments using the built-in functionality. I know that it is under consideration for the next version of BPC. You may want to submit an enhancement request to SAP Support so that they are aware that more users are looking for this feature.

Unfortunately, I have no suggestions on how to add this as a custom function.

Thanks,

Scott