Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting double internal table line size,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, i am using 'CONVERT_OTF' function module. for that i am defining internal table for OTF type itcoo OCCURS 0 WITH HEADER LINE, in debugging i found thatotf internal table length is getting double, i dont know how. actually it is 72 but during execution i am getting it lenth increases to 144, can any body tell me what may the problem.

here i am emailing thePDF as attachemnt.

thanks in advance for solution.

Regards

Junaid

4 REPLIES 4

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

>

> i dont know how. actually it is 72 but during execution i am getting it length increases to 144, can any body tell me what may the problem.

Are you checking the table size or the length ? How do you know that the length is 144, you checked in debugger ?

Anyways you must be knowing 1 character occupies 2 bytes of space that is why your table size is double the length.

Hope you get the point.

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

suppose my internal table is tab_otf and if i write

tab_otf[] ====== 938 X 144.

if u will see TDPRINTCOM of ITC00 is 2 CHAR

and TDPRINTPAR of ITC00 is 70 CHAR

-

72 CHAR.

One point i have to mention is that same thing when i am checking in 4.7 version it is showing correct, i am facing this problem in ECC6.0.

The problem is that internal table of PDF should be of length 255 only then only u will get the PDF emailed.

Hope u understant.

regards

Junaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

yes i am checking this in debugger and i am talking about the lentgh of single line of internal table.

Thanks

Junaid

0 Kudos

>

> One point i have to mention is that same thing when i am checking in 4.7 version it is showing correct, i am facing this problem in ECC6.0.

Hi Junaid,

This is because in ECC enabled systems each character is represented by 2bytes.

So your 72 characters is represented by 72*2 = 144 bytes which is what is visible in the debugger

4.7 version must not be unicode enabled because of the which it shows you the table-line size as 72.

Hope you get the point.

BR,

Suhas