cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern Selection on 0Project or WBS Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Collegues,

I'm facing a BEx handling issue. My users for Project System Reporting need a possibility to select on 0Project (or 0Project_ex) by pattern.

Example:

0PROJECT: I.TEST.10012.1000

Variable input: I.TEST*

So that all values are shown starting with I.TEST. Normally that is no problem, but for this Object it seems not to work.

Please help.

Joerg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do it by using Customet Exit, just see the sample code, you changec the code as per your requirement,.

When 'ZGLA'.
   IF I_STEP = 2.
     Clear l_s_range.
     l_s_range-LOW = '*30'.
     l_s_range-OPT = 'CP'.
     l_s_range-SIGN = 'I'.
     Append l_s_range to e_t_range.

Clear l_s_range.
     l_s_range-LOW = '*31'.
     l_s_range-OPT = 'CP'.
     l_s_range-SIGN = 'I'.
     Append l_s_range to e_t_range.
   ENDIF.

See

Thanks

Reddy

Edited by: Surendra Reddy on Apr 12, 2010 10:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reddy,

thank you for your reply. Im not sure if that will work, since the message is: Characteristic Project Definition does not support pattern selection.

Do you know that this code will work for 0PROJECT as well?

And I want to keep it flexible as well. So if another user wants to use the report and he is not interested in I.TEST, but in W.ANOTHER. he should be able to do this without useing another report.

Br

Joerg

Edited by: Joerg Lehmann on Apr 12, 2010 10:28 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member366279
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joerg,

As the 0PROJECT has a special conversion exit "PROJ", I think this search by contain pattern will not be possible.

I have encountered a case where entering a range in variable screen doesn't work well.

The system does not recognize which value falls in this range and which not.

The workaround would be, to use 0PROJECT_EX which is the external format of 0PROJECT for variable.

0PROJECT_EX doesn't have the special conversion exit so it works in the normal way.

Regards,

Patricia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patricia,

I noticed that as well. I have tried to use the 0PROJECT_EX as well and the same message appears when I try to use a pattern selection.

I also tried it with conversion type ABPSN. Same result.

Characteristic Project definition (EX) does not support pattern selection

regards

Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm useing 0PROJECT_EX now with a work arround. With this 0PROJECT_EX it is at least possible to select a range without having the masterdata in the system.

I'm interested now, if I have a problem with this InfoObject that is only in my company or if this is something that I would find in other systems as well.

Best regards

Joerg