cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with UD long text field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a query in UD long text remark field. For one Inspection lot, I am seeing the field with text "Enter comments:" appearing by default. When I enter any remark such as "UD done by X140301 at 14 hrs" and save that, I am seeing a grayed out text appearing below that such as Lot accepted despite rejected characteristics Recorded by X140301 on 07.04.10 11:26:10..... End of Protected Section..............

And the default text "Enter comments:" is appearing again below the grayed out text.

This above content is not appearing in all UD long text field.

Can anyone please advice me on this?

Regards,

Brijesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

This is due to the fact that the inspection lot which you are processing, the material master is having the field "Documentsations Required", in the QM view of material master.

Deslect the field to avoid that long text screen.

Thanks

SUMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The documentation required field in the material master is not activated. So this is not related to that. Other than that it is activated somewhere related to the Inspected lot. The field is STAT19. Please advice.

Regards,

Brijesh

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is marked as selected when the material has the field "Documentation required" active.

There may be a case that at the time of inspection lot generation, the field was active and it was deactivated later.

So, try to generate a lot after deactivating the field in the material master.

Thanks

SUMIT

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check changes to the material master. My guess is that it was set at one time and the inspection lot was created at that time. Then someone went in and changed the material master.

To the best of my knowledge, you can not activate that indicator any other way. Unless your client has something customized in it.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samit,

Thanks for the useful feedback. Yes u r right. Documentation field in the material was deactivated later it seems. Now i have checked it and tested by created a new inspection lot. It's working fine now. I have awarded points to you for your feedaback

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

With respect to the subject issue, I have also checked the table QALS and observed that the Indicator for the Documentation required exists for the Inspection Lot. I am not sure where or in which t.code this is enabled with respect to the Inspection Lot.

Could anyone help me on this?

Regards

Brijesh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Doumentation required indicator is set in the material master on the QM view for the plant.

FF