cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query in LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am facing another problem in LSMW.Can anyone tell me what are we supposed to enterin "Maintain field mapping and conversion rules" and in "Assign Files"?

Another query is while uploading hr master data,do we need to perform LSMW for each field of each infotype?What are the various tasks that are performed using lsmw in mass data uploading?

Please reply asap.

Thanks and regards,

meera.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know about specify file - you have to specify your txt extension file and attach it from your computer , save it and next step is read and next it convert data and then "create batch input session"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think i need to describe all steps that i have performed.i am not very thorough in lsmw...please correct me..

Step 1: Maintain object attributes

I executed it ,clicked on radiobutton "Batch input recording" and clicked overview.Then entered Tcode pa30.Entered personnel no.,infotype as 0009 for uploading bank details and selected a subtype.Then i saved it.

step 2: Maintain source structures

Created a source structure named BDATA i.e. bank data and saved it.

Step 3: Maintain source fields

i maintained source fields and saved it.

Step 4: Maintain structure relations

i clicked on default all and saved it.

To be honest,i have not clearly understood the steps and concept of lsmw.Can anyone pleeeeeeeez explain in detail with an example like how to upload bank data.i wan't to know the steps in detail using batch input recording method.I have searched in the forum,i also have the lsmw doc.by Mitersh Kundalia.Still i am unable to understand.Please help.

Thanks and regards,

meera.

former_member147855
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear ,

In Maintain field mapping and conversion rules we have assign input fied and if any field is require to consant then we assign rule and then consant,.

In Assign Files, you have give the name of input file.

Thanks

Nh