Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maintain entries in SM30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to maintain entries for this table FPB_LP6_R_MDT_C through SM 30?

I am facing the below Error while trying to maintain entries can anyone give me a solution.

"The maintenance dialog for FPB_LP6_R_MDT_C is incomplete or not defined".

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is because you don't have table maintenence for this, This is customizing table... Check in SPRO , there you may find some way to maintain it.

0 Kudos

can you pls tell me how to maintain this table through SPRO.

0 Kudos

Hello,

In SM30 enter the table name click on "Customizing" pushbutton. It will then show you the IMG activities through which the table can be maintained.

Hope i am clear.

BR,

Suhas

0 Kudos

Hi suhas,

Ists throwing me an Errro " No object FPB_LP6_R_MDT_C maintenance IMG activity exists" if i go for customizing push button.

0 Kudos

Then i dont think that the table is supposed to be maintained manually. It should be updated by some code

Anyways is this table an R/3 table 'coz i dont find this table in system (i am in ECC5.0).

BR,

Suhas

0 Kudos

Well, if there is no customizing way to get entries into this table AND there is no SM30 view declared it seems that this table shall not be maintained manually.

Tho actually it doesnt look very dangerous to me.

Most probably there is a program which creates entries in there, and the call is generic as well, since i dont get anything in the "where used"-list.

Tho i noticed i can create entries with TA SE16N, WITHOUT giving anything like &sap_edit.

0 Kudos

>

> Tho actually it doesnt look very dangerous to me.

> Most probably there is a program which creates entries in there, and the call is generic as well, since i dont get anything in the "where used"-list.

> Tho i noticed i can create entries with TA SE16N, WITHOUT giving anything like &sap_edit.

Hi Florian,

I believe if SAP does not want the table to be maintained manually it has done so for a purpose (may be i am wrong).

And for your observation on maintaining the table through SE16N this is because in the table attributes it must be "Entries can be maintained".

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi salini,

What is the purpose of maintaining entries ? I think you are refering to wrong table.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salini ,

You dont have table maintainance for the mentioned Table FPB_LP6_R_MDT_C.

umashankar_sahu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anurag is right table maintenance generator is not craeted for table FPB_LP6_R_MDT_C thats the reson you can not make entry using SM30.

You can create your own Entry and insert in table writting Custom program .

0 Kudos

Hi...Yes This table doesnt have table maintainence generator..

I tried to create table maintainence genrator using SE55 tcode.

But I am facing an error there "Data type STRING is not supported in field MDT_PARAM_STRING".

By this i came to know that MANDT field should be changed to non primary key..

Is this the only way we can do or?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ,

can you check

program FPB_LP_CUSTOM_N.

regards

prabhu