Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

language problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a Z table with fields mandt,classification(3 char field ), spras and discription (char 30)

now i have have created a search help for classification (3 Char field) and made entries in this z table

using table maintanence generator.

but now i am facing problem of language when i am using f4 help(in EN) for this field alll the field then all the discription

in EN and as well as in other language are coming.

I want only english text when login in english language and DE when login In DE, just like table MAKT

can any one help pls.

4 REPLIES 4

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create and maintain text table. Dont directly use spras in your main table. MAKT is text table of MARA.

Thanks,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use separate text table for language dependent data.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pankaj,

you need to create the text table for your z table. text table will have the key field, language field and description field. tp link the key field with the text , text table will be linked with the z table using foreign key. this means your z table will be the check table of the field and when F4 is pressed then existing key entrie of text table is displayed and explanatory text from text table is displayed in user login language.

hope this helps you.

thanks

tanmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

You can seperate the table design. You need to create another table to store all the language dependent texts. This is popularly known as Text Table and will be related to the main table with the help of Foreign Keys. The Keys of the text tables are the same as the main table along with the Language Key as also a key.

Then you can create a help view and create a search help. You can then use that Search help to do some selection. Just scan the forum for a better approaches also.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Samantak.