Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to dismantle & Inactive Equip by using any User Exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need ur suggestion on following process,

I have one PRT material/Equipment using on one m/c lets say eg. I m using one tool on Lathe m/c & after few operations (eg. after 5000 operations) of that tool I want to remove it from respective Lathe m/c & want to use new tool for better quality o/p.

How could I do it in PM?

I thought, firstly I need to create Equipment in IE01 with resp Equip Category(eg. PRT) and assign to its Superior equipment(Lathe m/c) then assign Meas Point to PRT equip with Upper range limit is 5000 operations & once it is triggered then that material should be dismantled & Inactive from its Superior Equip.

Is it possible? Is it possible to dismantle & Inactive PRT Equip by using any User Exit or by any other way automatically?

plz put ur feedbacks on this....

Thanks in Advance...

Amol.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amol,

You could use user-exit IMRC0001 (Measurement Point/Doc: Exit before update) to detect the 5000 operations in your example.

Then it could kick-off a secondary process to dismantle/inactive the equipment.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.....

through User Exit IMRC0004 is it possible to Dismantle & put that material in INACTIVE status.

Amol.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMRC0001 would be a better choice as it is executed at save

IMRC0004 is for additional document checks

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

In your above post. The process needs to be modified a bit.

After you create a counter you need to create a performance based maintenance plan with that PRT. your call object can be notification or order (preferable notification). So whn your counter reading reaches your estimate, a notification is created through maint. plan which indicates activity to dismantle that PRT. Based on that notification you have to manually change status of your PRT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually, (and we have done it), you can develop a program that retrieves the above mentioned Notifications equipment and puts them automatically in inactive status.

basically:

follow the steps mentioned in the post above and then, instead of manually changing the status, you run a background program that does that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

In SAP std it is not possible. Try User exit IMRC0001 .Discuss with your techincal guys to to generate the notification whenever your condition exist. Seconsdly pcik up the equipment no from the measuring point and programme to chaneg the equipment master such as dismantling and inactive.

I think it should work without any complication.

DP

Edited by: DP SINGH on Apr 12, 2010 11:45 AM